just talked to an INS officer

tony1234

Registered Users (C)
I was told that my recieved date was in July, and it is not on the process yet.
but my RD is 4/30, nd is 7/13.

when I check the voice mail it says my application was recieved on 7/13.

any comments?

thanks

tony1234

I guess INS goes by ND (actual date when they entered into their systems) and NOT by RD. Hence 180 days is counted from ND.

Even mine RD is 11/10/01 and ND is 12/11/01 the AVM says "application was received on Dec 11th....."

No Title

My theory is that those unlucky april/may guys who were left behind their nd is probably mistakened by rd by some incompetent INS officers when sorting the files. Other than that there is nothing can explain why we\'ve seen so many June/July approvals yet there are many april/may cases not even been assigned yet!! INS is totally messed up.
And we are happened to be those unlucky guys!

To Tony1234

Don\'t worry. this is normal.

I am approved yesterday. RD 4/18, ND 6/29.

You will be approved soon.

Thanks.

To gcnobug : INS Consistently inconsistent.

If you guys have been visiting this or any Immigration forum you won\'t be surprised at all with INS.

INS was processing some Dec. 2000 cases before Oct/Nov 2000 cases, processed some March 2001 Cases before Jan/Feb 2001 cases, now processing July cases even though there are many April/May/June cases left.

Good luck.

So your case hasn\'t been assigned yet?!!!! Did you mention that your RD was April instead of July?

question to Sept. filers (ric and others)

Let say RD is 09/04 and ND 11/06
Before FP what message you guys heard on AVM?
"Your application was received on 09/04 " or
"Your application was received on 11/06 "

Thanks

No Title

I think that INS works pretty dumb. Apparently in their internal database they have a field something like "Internal Priority Date" and all files are sorted and processed according to this field. THis field is apparently being typed when the case is being entered into the system first time. I\'m pretty sure that all our processing depends on what a person - the original data capturer - puts into that field - ND or RD, and that can vary from one officer to another. After that field is stored, anything else is history. You belong to the month that they put into that field. And IIOs don\'t even think in terms of ND or RD. They think in terms of that entered date. In my case, RD 06/15, ND 08/13, I am pretty sure that they entered ND into that field, so my case ended up in the August folder.
It\'s not that there are good and bad officers, slow and fast officers in INS. It is just that your case is being put into certain folder once, and that\'s it.

I did tell her my RD is april. here is the detail of the conversation

before I told her my RD is april not july, she told me that they are process april case, and it will take 3 month for me, I asked her if my case is been assigned yet, she said she wont give out the information. I asked her if they go by RD or ND, she said on the system my RD is JULY and either way my file is not on the process yet.
but finally then she said I should another month.

anybody ever address the mail room problem to IIO?

thanks

No Title

That\'s somewhat good news for you. At least now you know what is going on, you can forget about your RD and think of your case as of July case, that will save you some nerves, because apparently there is nothing you can do about it..

No Title

Not all of them, but certainly some of them will be classified that way..

It does not matter actually!!

If VSC uses either RD or ND consistantly, it is same. In other words,
if they do go by ND, then there is (almost) no case in VSC with ND of
september to Novemeber, so it does not matter. The bad thing is
that if they do mix RD with ND, some go with RD, some go with ND,
then this is a problem. But I am fully doubt it.

i really have no idea what you are talking about..

Sorry ric i am a dump...
Can you simply say your RD ND FP and what the message on AVM used to say when they received your application.

Thanks