Just stamped passport today in houston

yzerong

Registered Users (C)
My husband and I went to North Point office around 7:30am. Officer asked us to wait in line. We went in the building around 8:30am and got the ticket around 10:30 am. The numbers are 209 and 210. The ticket says the waiting time is 3 hours and 40 min. We were called around 2:10pm and finished around 2:30pm. We spent 7 hours for the whole process! A lot of people and long time waiting. Officer asked for the approval notice, photo, passport, AP, EAD and my husband's driver's license (didn't ask my driver's license).

We felt quite lucky since at one point we thought we were the last few people before they close the door for the day.

congrats...i waited for almost 4 hours i think..so u rn't the only one...but its probably over right?

Madhav

Stamping at Houston

Is this the only way?

I met some people who said people do not have to stand in the long queue for Green card stamping.

Some I know walked in after lunch and got their passports stamped.

Would appreciate comments.
B

I will be willing to stand 70 hours in line, just send me the approval!!!

RD: 05.02.01
ND: 06.06.01

I had my passport stamped on the same day march 15th, from north point drive , houston.
I reached there at 8:15 AM , waited in outside line for 15 min. never be in second line but get token from window 16 directly around at 9:00 AM . my number was 173 and they were servcing 129 at that time. My turn came at 12:00 and took 5-6 min.
Officer asked me 3 photos instead of two, AP, EAD and driving licence.

wrote my I485 src number on passport and told me to check status through this number.

Raju

folks,

I did my stamping at Houston on March 22. Took me almost 8:30 hours!

Later, I realized that the officer forgot to take my I-94. Did that happen to any of you? Is this something to be concerned about?

thx,
doosra

Were you getting the passport stamped with courtesy copy or did they ask for origina? Please help.

Also Raju99 posted that they had asked for three photos instead of two. Should I go with more photos then?

Thanks.........

stereo,

I got my PP stamped using the courtesy copy I received. I would recommend that you ask your lawyer to send you the original approval notice he/she will receive. You will need that if you travel overseas after stamping but before receiving the card.

Doosra,

Are you saying before receiving the card the stamp in the pp is not enough for travel and you need the original approval notice?

Is this true?

The passport stamp is enough to reenter the country with. You will however most likely be sent to the secondary inspection area to verify the validity of the stamp.

To speed things up, you can go through the 'US Citizens' line, even with just the passport stamp.

iip3,

The PP stamp should be enough to travel. It may be prudent however to carry the original approval letter with you as it is more "official" looking. Just my thoughts.

doosra

what if person doesn't have a original or copy of the approval notice (in case of interviewd , approved and stamped), what is the other source to show the evidence to prove lpr other than stamp in case of immigration officer insists???? in traval on stamping?

thanks

whatagc

Don't worry. As I said earlier in this thread, the passport stamp is all you need. I have never seen an official or semi-official suggestion that one should carry any other paperwork above and beyond this.

You will be asked the standard question of how long you were out of the country, and you will most probably be sent to the secondary inspection area to verify the stamp, but that is all. Five minutes and you should be on your way.

Just got stamped in Houston.
Using Window 16 to jump the line didn't help. Ended up in waiting for almost 5 hours but eventually got it done.

cheers.