Just spoke with a courteous IIO at VSC

rk12345

Registered Users (C)
PD: 01/99, RD: Aug 06 2001, FP: 01/23/02, EB3 NJ. Tried for 10 minutes to get the ring and waited for another 10 minutes to reach IIO.

Important points as mentioned by IIO

1. They are processing cases only up to 01 Aug. When I asked her whether it is RD or ND, she specifically said it is Receipt Date.

2. My case is in queue and not assigned to officer. At the moment only cases before 01 August are assigned to officers.

3. She said as there are a lot of cases in July, 2001, I could expect my august case to be assigned to officer only by end of June/in July and a decision or RFE in approximately 30 days there after. She also said that new security check causing 3/4 weeks additional delay in final approval of cases.

That\'s exactly what an IIO said to me today

This seems to be true. I spoke to an IIO today at 10 am (it took
me 40 minutes to get a ring) and she said only cases up to
August 1 RD are with officers (my RD is 8/17).

She said my case should be completed before my EAD expires
in October, but that it would probably not be assigned to an
officer for another month.

I think we August filers should just take it easy--at least all the
explanations now seem to be harmonized.

Let\'s talk about how to implement "take it easy" ???

It\'s easy to say, but really hard to do it. You just can not stop thinking, dreaming about this shit. Fortunately, my job is stable, but I want to end this nightmare ASAP. Everyday is just a suffer!!

Thanks a lot for the info rk12345 and others

Thanks for posting the info about the AUGUST cases. So can we expect the AUG 2001 cases to get approval by AUG 2002? 1 year of waiting . Hope it gets over by AUG 2002. Patience....Patience....Patience....Relax...1..2...3...Relax...1...2..3...

Taking it easy

ric2--I agree with you--it is a nightmare for most of us. My
situation is currently stressful and far from ideal, not to mention
underpaid. I lost six months salary as a result of my slow 140
clearance (the sixth year of my H1-B expired). Most of us have
faced or are about to face something hellish.

That said, we can get upset all we want and it won\'t change a
thing. I\'ve done that. Just knowing that they are processing again
and giving us some kind of coherent, non-contradictory
information helps, however, even if they didn\'t tell us what we all
want to hear--that our cases have been or are about to be
approved.

best,

P.

I too did call IIO regarding wife AP

my wife applied for 485 on April\'1 and she did not get her AP yet
so I called IIO.
She looked into case and says she will make it active and see the approval in few days

Same information for 3 weeks.

Both you called today got the exact same information I got 3 weeks ago. On May 11, the IIO told me they are processing case upto Aug 1st, my case (RD 8/14) hadn\'t be assigned to an officer yet. There is no date move for the 3 weeks. Looks like they do have "too many" July cases at hands. People with RD after Aug may get approved faster than Aug RD.

No Title

Why?
In the 04/01/2002 JIT report, VSC process June cases.
It looks like July cases will take 3 whole months. Sucks.

It\'s basic numbers

I think in July 2001 was when the priority dates became current, so there was a larger than expected volume of I-485 cases that month.

No Title

There are almost as many cases in August as in July (As per rupnet August cases are 2/3 of July). So even August will take a long time, perhaps almost same as July.

In term of total waiting time.

That means Aug RD may wait 10-12 months, while Oct RD or even Sep RD may only have to wait for 8-10 months for approval. This happened in I-140, many Aug RD had to wait for 6 month while VSC pause I-140 process. But after get I-140 approved, we see people get their I-140 within 3 months. This make the Aug RD group wait longer on both process, 140 and 485. Sorry for everyone as well as to myself, mine is Aug RD.

This is certainly true! We have discussed this for long time.

Some people are much luckier in this kind of luck-oriented events. I am one of the victims also.
The total waiting time varies from 1 year to 5+ years. What can you do with this!

Security Checks caused this.

I didn\'t even have to ask--the IIO volunteered that for the last
month they were stalled over IBIS and were in training. Hence
they are where they were a month ago.

I imagine that the combination of the July caseload and the IBIS
training meant that no new cases were assigned this month. It
would make some sense.