Just spoke to IIO. RD 08/22/2001, ND 10/16/2001

fruit007

Registered Users (C)
Actually called to confirm change of address. And I asked the status of my case, she told it is still pending and not even assigned to officer. She told that my receipt date is 10/16/2001( which is actually a notice date) and they are processing Aug 1st cases. When I told that 10/16/2001 is my notice date she told no here it showing as receipt date. From this I understood that they are treating notice dates as acutal receipt dates.

Just want to share the Info.

Can you please explain what do you mean by data-entry error?

Bco\'z I confirmed with her two times about that.

Hi Fruit .... Thanks for sharing the info

Hi Fruit,
   Thanks for sharing the info. Can any guru\'s here explain what is the receipt date in terms of INS. Is it our receipt date or Notice Date (I-485 RECEIPT NOTICE)?

Thanks.

this is what happened to me too and made me so upset today..

Even I called to check the change of adress and this guy corrected my zip code and when i asked if my case was assigned to an officer he says \'Oh No, we are working on august cases and your date is sept end so it would be 2 months before we get there". to irritate me further he said it takes around 365 days and you will hear something after september and before jan 2003. when infact my RD is Aug-9 and ND is Sept. 28 . Eac no is 01-282-51xxx. It was a sheer waste trying to talk to these lot.

My 2c

I am sure IIOs know what RD and NDs are. I hope they have not made a mistake in your case and entered the wrong dates.

-samk.

Here is what I understand!

Most of use think that RD is receipt date. But for us RD is the day INS receives our 485 application by mail.
But if you see the INS receipt notice,
The Received Date is the date they receive your 485 application.
Notice date may be the date your info is entered into their system and the receipt is generated. So they assign that date as Notice date/Receipt Date and not as (Received Date).

So most of the IIOs go by the Receipt Date (Notice Date) and NOT by the Received Date.

I hope this helps

Our ND is INS RD-Hard to believe but it is true.

This is one of the reason for getting random approval of applications.No one told me so but looking at so many random approvals and many times IIO\'s answers tell the same thing and it is not wrong at all. If my RD is July/Aug/Sep i would not to believe and that is usual perception.

dont think so!!

when i called up, the IIo said mine was an August 15 case (which is my RD).

It\'s not Data Entry problem

It can be a data entry problem. The I485 receipt is always generated using
data entered in the computer. According to it, the data on the I485 receipt notice and
the data on the computer should be same.. This is my gues... Anything
can happen to INS computers.

ND is the actual date on which the application is entered in

the system, so according to INS system thats the rcpt date, but the application is stamped by the date on which it is rcvd, and that is the one which will be used to process. Look for the VSC service center on ins.gov and see the topic how the applications are proc...
you will get an idea.