Just spoke to an IIO

karen

Registered Users (C)
My details:
PD: 9/98
RD & ND: 11/99
1FP: 1/00
2FP: 12/5/01

I got through the phone at 9:20a.m and was put on hold for an hour.

The name of the IIO was Barbara, and she sounded pretty nice. Last week (1/24/02), an IIO told me that my case was assigned to an officer in the week of 1/14. Today Barbara told me that on Jan 18, my case was with an supervisor waiting to be assigned. Then I told her that the lady whom I talked to on 1/24 said my case was assigned already, and she said what she saw is my case is with a supervisor since 18. I don\'t know if the IIO whom I talked to on the 24 gave me the wrong information (which my case was with a supervisor instead of an officer) or Barbara doesn\'t have the updated information.

This process is killing me, I can\'t wait to get it over. Then I will move to a different city so I won\'t have to deal with TSC anymore if I want to become a citizen someday.

I understand your frustration

They are approving cases filed in 2001 as though they are filing taxes and they have a deadline. They don\'t seem to care enough for the old EB3 filers and the worst thing is we cannot do anything about it. I am not sure how effective AILA et all are in this regard. They have to take a more aggressive stance.

I will never recommend TSC and the god forsaken EB3 category for filing the I-485.

karen I know it

I know the frustration. I am going thro the same. Donno how to tackle this.
Now I have come to one colcusion:
I will never call these idiots. Let it go thro the way it is.
Enjoy my life thats all.

Karen and All for ur information:

This is what lawyers office is saying.
=====================================
I don\'t think a mandamus action (ie suing the INS) at this point is
appropriate. You have to allow enough time for the FP check.

Based on past experience, it has taken between 30-60 days to get the
approval once an alien has been refingerprinted. It is clear that the INS
are aware of your case because they have "acted" on your case and you
received the FP notices.
A mandamus action is a request for the INS to "act" and it is obvious
they just did so I don\'t think the action would be successful.

I strongly advise that we do not do anything until we have given them
sufficient time to respond to our inquiries and 60 days have passed
since you and your wife were fingerprinted.

I know you are anxious and appreciate your frustration, but I believe
us to be very close to a positive outcome.

>Good Afternoon!!!
>Any updates on my case!!!
>Please let me know. Seems like only wayout of this INS
>inaction on my case is file a lawsuit agianst them.
>Please let me know if this is possible, ans what do
>you think ???

No Title

rajramani1234 and shahidimam, we are just few of the unlucky ones.
About a month ago, I spoke with an IIO. Here is the outline conversation:
Me: I\'m checking my case status, my case number is SRC-00-039-XXXXX.
IIO: Your case is still in pending.
Me: I\'ve seen people who got their approvals with late 2000 date.
IIO: No, it can\'t be. We\'re processing cases of Jan, 00.
Me: Do you process cases based on notification date or EB category?
IIO: I don\'t know where you got your information from, but I can assure you that we are processing cases with Jan,00 or before.

I think TSC is taking priority based on EB category. However, they will never admit it. And sometimes, we do see EB3 approvals with late 2000 or early 2001. I\'m happy for those people, but TSC is just being unfair to the others.

I know it

But what option do we have ?
Except calling and frustrating ourselves...............
Also most fo IIOs are very rude.
So donno what to do ?

No Title

I used to do nothing about my case because I believed TSC would notify me if I needed anything to be done and would approve my case when the processing time moved on. Then when I saw many approvals with later ND and I didn\'t hear anything after 1FP expired and my case was not approved even the processing time was after my ND, I realized I had to request for 2nd FP, called them to remind my case is being ignored. Maybe what we did doesn\'t have much impact on our case. However, should we just sit back, relax, apply for EAD every year, and request for FP when it\'s expired? I\'m just so stressed out and upset about this pain that TSC has made us suffered.

shahidimam, yeah me too, have thought about suing TSC many times. I wish someone who have the power can help us bring TSC to justice. Whoever at TSC came up with that random approval idea should be fired or something.

Any idea of writing collectively to INS or to some senior officials

What do U think. What if try to collectively try to write to INS headquarters or congress or senate about the misdeeds of INS.
I am not even sure if it will work, but it is worth exploring and discussing ?
INS cant make it tougher than what it is at this point ?

Approved !!!

I checked my mail today and found my Approval notice lying there. I haven\'t received my wife\'s approval yet. After so much of frustration and waiting, I finally saw the approval notice. My case got approved on 01/24/02. Case was assigned to an Officer on 01/16/02.

Your approvals will happen soon too!!! I think the best thing to do is not call them often and just wait for the approval in your mail. The surprise makes you forget all your frustration.

No Title

shahidimam, I really doubt if there is anything we can do about this. Maybe we should just keep waiting as rajramani1234 said and hopefully someday God will bring the good news to us. Wish you the best of luck! I will not call TSC anymore. Like you said, many of them are rude and it\'s just hopeless to ask help from them.

Stronger actions need to be taked than writing to congressman

On this board, you will see frequently people writing to congressman. If anyone remembers, some 6 months ago, a letter was proposed on this board. People joined to send the letter to their congressmen. So far we have not seen any improvement. The processing time is still at least a yr behind other centers. Some even suffered for more than two years for I-485. This is going to continue for a while since you see the unlucky ones are not able to get their first FP notices after 1 yr waiting.
It is difficult to take actions such as "suing\'" because people do not want to get into trouble. Legal assistance from lawyers are necessary for more people to join the action.