Just my stupid Luck - RFE

RaviSimi

Registered Users (C)
While I notice everybody is getting approvals without RFE.. I just got an email saying that they have issed an RFE for me.... jeez!! When will my luck change?

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC02266XXXXX

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 3, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

RaviSimi said:
While I notice everybody is getting approvals without RFE.. I just got an email saying that they have issed an RFE for me.... jeez!! When will my luck change?

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 3, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
That's much better news than a lot of folks that still have their status message as something like:
"We've received your app on August 1855.... "

So yeah, everythings relative :)
Hopefully that RFE would be something simple

Hi ravi, look at at it like this. Atleast some has started looking into your case. :cool: There are scores of us who are not seeing any movement at all. Fax gets a negative reply. Finger prints expired, wife in bad mood all the time etc etc :D

Atleast you will in all probability get approved after you reply to your RFE....
Think about those whose case havnt been touched or whose have been transfered to local offices who are notorious for not scheduling an interview for years.
here is some thing for you to see the right perspective.
This thing really put things in the right perspective for me hope it does the same for you
enjoy

" One evening recently, a mother entered her
daughter's bedroom to discover it empty. As she looked around, she spied a letter over the bed. With trembling hands and a terrible sense of premonition, she read....

> > > Dear Mom;
> > > Please don't be mad, but I eloped with my new boyfriend. I finally found real love and he is so nice Mom, with all his piercings and tattoos and his big Harley. Not only that, I'm pregnant and Ahmed says we're going to be really happy in his trailer in the woods.

> > > He wants to have lots more children with me and you
know that's one of my dreams too. Also, he taught me that marijuana doesn't hurt anyone and we're going to grow it for us and his friends, who will pay us by giving us all the cocaine and ecstasy we'll
ever need and we'll pray every day for scientists to find the cure for AIDS so that Ahmed can get better. He deserves it.
> > > Don't worry Mom, I'm 15 years old now and I know how
to take care of myself. Some day I'll visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.
> > > Your daughter, Judith

> > > After fainting, Mom came to and read the rest of the
letter....

> > > PS: Mom, it's not true. I'm next door at Janey's house. I just wanted to show you that there are worse things in life than the report on my desk... love you!

"

yeah well... hope that RFE is not that scary either :)
will post once I get those details today or tomorrow... thx folks!

RaviSimi said:
yeah well... hope that RFE is not that scary either :)
will post once I get those details today or tomorrow... thx folks!
Good Luck.

Yes Long Long Ago is indeed Once Upon a Time

Did you got for 2nd FP?

RaviSimi said:

Current Status:

Dude I got exactly same message. I was hoping to get approved without RFE also, but I think its not as bad. Atleast they are looking at our case. Eagerly waiting to receive the RFE and respond to it ASAP and get the approval.

Re :

Ramisivi,

Don't worry. I had the exact same feeling when I got the RFE 2 weeks ago. It must be a EMP verification/Tax returns etc. Your lawyer must have missed something. After I replied to mine; my case was adjudicated within 10 days. If your FP is already done; keep counting your days to freedom :)

Thanks,
some_guy03

You have every reason to be +ve

I have been waiting patiently with no change. All of my colleagues who started the process with me (on the same day) got their approvals. But thanks to Al_aos & mango_pickle etc., I started to take it easy now. After all, my current EAD expires July 2005 and AP is valid till April 2005. My job is OK now and I don't see any reason why I should get the GC early. As someone said before, be happy that someone opened the file and started looking into the contents. I don't have the same luck.

WAC-02-134-xxxxx
ND: Mar 12, 2002.

Ok got the RFE today in the mail.

They want 3 paystubs, employment verification letter and 2002 / 2003 W2s. quite simple... hopefully... I will post another message here soon saying "APPROOOOOVED"
:) well not yet...

RaviSimi said:
They want 3 paystubs, employment verification letter and 2002 / 2003 W2s.

I wonder that the deal is with these types of RFEs. Wasn't there guidance issued recently to the SCs to stop asking for EVLs, stubs, W2s and to base decisions on the materials filed originally?