Just had 2nd year interview

demonx

Registered Users (C)
Forgive my lack of all the terminology. I'm the US citizen by birth. We did the first filling and interview and she got her 2 year conditional. She did the petition to remove conditions by mail, the offices responsed a few things where wrong. The wanted a full account statement (she messed up and just sent first page). They wanted to know about lack of joint property, I had filled for BK during that peroid so we sent in those documents. Anyways they replied and it was a request to come into the local offices for an interview. So we gathered up all of our things, pictures, car insurance documents etc.

On the day of the interview the office took her EAD and green cards, work permits and both of our drivers license. We were sworn in and she just asked me my name, dob and ss number, and where I lived. She asked my spouse the same and then about her education (she is a lawyer) and how it was paid for (student loans). A couple of other questions then asked for thing to prove the relationship was moving forward. Which we gave her pictures, etc. She reviewed them, gave back all the pictures and the emails, and such. Then took our drivers license and was gone for like 10 minutes. She came back, stamped my wifes passport and told us her decision would come in the mail and go downstairs to get a seal. She also took two passport photos of my wife.

Not sure what just happened, interview was like 20 minutes, I guess we were expecting a welcome to the USA and a smile and hug or something but nope she just reamined the same and that was that??:confused: Anyone else had this happen?

what did they stamp in the passport? If it is the temporary GC stamp for 1 yr, you are all set. She will get a welcome letter in tha mail and GC in 15-20 days.

Honestly it's pretty impossible to read, just looks like a mess of scracthed out codes and new ones written in. She just came back said "I'll review and send a decision in the mail" but don't forget to go downstaris and get your seal, then she remembered she had not taken two passport photos from my wife so she asked for those. When we went downstairs my wife inquired about the stamp and the lady said "It's good for one year"

The interview lady did not ask for any additonal documents, etc from us. Just feel confused as was expecting a congrats!! You guys are good to go!! bye, but nope:confused:

Honestly it's pretty impossible to read, just looks like a mess of scracthed out codes and new ones written in. She just came back said "I'll review and send a decision in the mail" but don't forget to go downstaris and get your seal, then she remembered she had not taken two passport photos from my wife so she asked for those. When we went downstairs my wife inquired about the stamp and the lady said "It's good for one year"

The interview lady did not ask for any additonal documents, etc from us. Just feel confused as was expecting a congrats!! You guys are good to go!! bye, but nope:confused:

you are all set. Go have a Drink:)

Oh yeah as soon as I got out of work, I'm heading straight for one or 10:p
Ok good, we both just left feeling confused, I guess we heard too many stories from older people that went through the process and they remember a big fanfare and such, guess times have changed lol

Hmm so far nothing, nothing updated online and no letter in the mail. I guess no news is good news in these situations or maybe I'm just expecting things to happen too fast:p:confused:

Greencard came in the mail today;)
Thanks all, for the question about what kind of Visa, I'm not sure as her situation was a bit complicated (I can check when I get home) as she thought she was a US citizen, has a SS and everything. But evidently sometime 20+ years ago her dad forgot to file some papers or answer a letter and it was not until 20+ years later that all this mess started.