Registered Users (C)
My info:

EB2 China
PD 3/18/1998
485 RD 8/18/1999
    ND 9/10/1999
    FP 8/2/2000
RFE 12/8

Just checked INS\'s AVM. It said a notice for further evidence is sent out on 12/8 ...

I have a obvious situation for a RFE. My company changed its name before my I485 was filed. So my I140 and I485 carried different names. My attorney said she would file an amended I140. But then she said it was not necessary. Maybe she got a letter from my company to explain the company merge. No idea what was filed because she never work for the company any more.

I notice that someone were posting some messages on similar issues. They posted I140, I140 redo, amended I140. I just wandering what are the differences among them. To be specific, what kind of I140 would be the best for my case in terms of both timing and security?
Just checked the AVM. It saids a notice for furthure evidence is sent out on 12/8 ...

Any advice is highly appreciated.

No Title

The VSC may require an amended I140 for company merging. But my company merged with another one this year, changed its official name, stock ticker symbol, pay check stub, etc. The VSC has never required amended I140 in the RFE letters. You will never know what they want until your lawyer receives the notice.

It\'s not a good idea to ask your lawyer to amend I140 before you know what the VSC really wants. There is no reason to create more headache for yourself.

No Title

Thanks man.

I appreciate your advice. I don\'t have the letter yet. Maybe it just requests for employer\'s letter and payment stub and stuff.

Thanks Again.