Just got my Oath Letter date (ORLANDO DO!!!!).........BUT......

BritishGuy

Registered Users (C)
Hello All, I have a BIG problem!

I just got the Oath Letter in the mail box this morning BUT I missed the Oath date. It was yesterday (16th July) - but I got the letter today 17th July! What shall I do???!! The postmark on the letter the Orlando DO sent me in July 8th 2010. I can't believe it took 8 days to get to me!

Ok, Ok, Ok, what do I do now? Shall I set up an infopass appointment and go them and let them know, or should I turn up Monday morning - with no infopass appointment and then let them know?

Will they give me another Oath Date or am I toast?

Hello All, I have a BIG problem!

I just got the Oath Letter in the mail box this morning BUT I missed the Oath date. It was yesterday (16th July) - but I got the letter today 17th July! What shall I do???!! The postmark on the letter the Orlando DO sent me in July 8th 2010. I can't believe it took 8 days to get to me!

Ok, Ok, Ok, what do I do now? Shall I set up an infopass appointment and go them and let them know, or should I turn up Monday morning - with no infopass appointment and then let them know?

Will they give me another Oath Date or am I toast?

Don't worry too much about it. Set up infopass appointment and see USCIS rep as soon as possible. Last year, one of my friend missed his N-400 interview TWICE and still got interview 3rd time.

The earliest infopass appointment I can make in Orlando seems to be 29th July - is that too in the distant future or will it be ok? Will there be any chance of them just giving me another date on the spot?

Anyone know how often the Oath Ceremonies in the Orlando DO are held?

Thanks to all that reply.

Don't sweat, People do miss appointments and then get rescheduled all the time, you were not the first one and certainly not the last either. Relax maybe it was not meant to be on that day. Rest assured its approved and you will be rescheduled. If you have a name change involved Oath then it takes a bit longer as those Oaths are presided by a Federal Judge of the local District court.

Last edited by a moderator:
The earliest infopass appointment I can make in Orlando seems to be 29th July - is that too in the distant future or will it be ok? Will there be any chance of them just giving me another date on the spot?

Get the earliest infopass appointment as a backup. But, don't wait untill July 29th as USCIS might think otherwise and might send you a denial letter.

So, go to the USCIS office first thing on Monday.

i agree with IPL-fan. Get a backup Infopass. But try a walk in Monday or Tuesday. All the luck. Do not delay.

No, I don't have any type of a name change oath - just a straightforward normal oath. There are no InfoPass appointments until the 29th and absolutely none in August too. I hope they'll see me by just walking in. Am planning to go on 20th July (tomorrow). The security folks decided who goes in and who doesn't. Without an infopass appointment I hope they let me though. I'm feeling sick in my stomach.

HI BritishGuy
Dont worry too much. You will be ok. Just call 1800# first and tell them the story and then you will be transfered to level 2, At the sametime, schedule an Infopass.
Well I have a curious question for everybody. What if one dose not get the OL but knows the OD/time/place scheduded(as per 1800#), can one just walk in for Oath ceremony? Thank you for any input.

You can still go, they will make another one for you and have you answer the questions on the back. I recieved my OL after Oath date, but i knew the date and walked in and they made one for me.

Oaths are every Friday in Orlando