Just got lay-off and my I485 is pending for almost 3 yrs what can I do ?

fdp021

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I just got lay-off by my company and I really don't know what to do. My I485 was filed on May 2000 Chicago office and I am still waiting for an interview. Did receive several EAD(3) and AP (3)...Last week, I also filed for Unemployment benefits. Don't know the impact on my case...Please Help !

Thanks!

fdp021,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Your best bet now is of course to find a similar job ASAP. If not, you may want to find things that show you are not gonna be a public charge. I personally think UI won't affect your claim that you are not a public charge because it is an insurance not a subsidy. Finally, pray and hope you get a nice BCIS interviewer.

Can you also tell us why it takes so long to process your 485? It took me 2 years and I did 2 FPs and replied to an RFE.

Please update us with your case and Good Luck!
Yee Man

Thanks Yee Man for your response. Franckly don't know why it's taking them so long to process my case....I had a total of 3 FPs already....The last one was on January of this year.
Going back to UI, I didn't receive anything yet just filed, but was thinking about going back over there and ask them to stop it just to be on the safe side, so many people are saying I shouldn't. Problem is, I just had a daughter ( a month ago ) and really don't know how I can provide for her otherwise with this economy...

Again thanks!