Just got approved this morning!

Bella Blues

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my interview experience this morning! It was great! Our appointment was here at the L.A. office for 8:50AM, believe it or not we were 20 minutes late! We could not find the darn building and I thought, OMG we blew it! but when we got there, the security guy told us to give the appointment letter to window 3 (which we did) and then take a seat. So we sat there for about 40 minutes waiting to get called and when it was our turn, we were led inside this hallway full of many, many little offices where the interviews were taking place. The offices had glass (or plexiglass) walls so that you can see the people being interviewed on your left and right!

The IO did not really even ask us anything, she just asked me to look at the I-485 that we submitted to make sure that everything was still current (address, etc.) and spelled correctly and I noticed that at the space that says "Alien number" where we had put "N/A" (when we mailed it) there was already an alien number written in. She asked us to raise our right hand for the oath and then asked us the "have you ever been convicted, etc. questions" and of course we said no, no, no to each one. Then she gave us the paper that says I was approved today and that 90 days before 09-09-09 we have to get the conditions removed and she will not mail us a notice, it's up to us to remember it then she gave us the paper that says I'm approved and if I want to travel before receiving the green card there's instructions in the paper on how to do it. She was really nice and we said thank you and she let us out! I think it took between 5-7 minutes! Cool!

out of status
married USC husband Sept. 18, 06
sent 325, 130, 485, and affidavit of support April 10, 07
received date April 12, 07
Biometrics May 8, 07
Interview Sept. 10, 07
Approved today!
waiting for green card in the mail!

Thank you everyone for answering the questions I asked in the past, and I wish everyone that is going through the same journey all the best in their endeavors!!!

Oh, I almost forgot, we brought a big plastic bag full of pictures and other items (bank records, life insurance, bills, etc. we don't own a house yet so there was no mortgage papers) and she did not ask to see one. My husband said, (jokingly) "Aww, you're not even going to look at our pictures?" and she laughed and said, "I don't have time! I wish I could!"

Congratulations with such an amazing interview!

I cannot wait until we can post our experiences as well.