Just curious...

foreveranuj

My h1B application was filed May24th and as per USCIS tracker, the I129 petition was received on June1, 2006. Mine was thru the Vermont center.

2 quick questions on the above: :rolleyes:

1) The fact that I have received a EAC(LIN) No. - is it conclusive enough that my case will be looked into this year itself? I've heard stories where h1B filings have slipped into next year's quota. Is that true?

2) Since mine was filed May24th and I129 petition was received June1st, any (rough) idea when can I expect the approval to come through?

The Vermont Center seems very sluggish as per the time tracker - do they evenly distribute the load to the other centers in case Vermont is 'jammed'?

Any help with regards to the answer will be a lotta help!

Thanks
Anuj
http://foreveranuj.tripod.com

foreveranuj said:
My h1B application was filed May24th and as per USCIS tracker, the I129 petition was received on June1, 2006. Mine was thru the Vermont center.

1) The fact that I have received a EAC(LIN) No. - is it conclusive enough that my case will be looked into this year itself? I've heard stories where h1B filings have slipped into next year's quota. Is that true?

No idea about that. I thought that as long as you had a receipt number, you were good to go.. I may be off track though.

2) Since mine was filed May24th and I129 petition was received June1st, any (rough) idea when can I expect the approval to come through?

My receipt date was May 11th and still no news. So there is no time frame other than 3-4 months after filing..

The Vermont Center seems very sluggish as per the time tracker - do they evenly distribute the load to the other centers in case Vermont is 'jammed'?

They have sent approximately 5000 cases to other centers but that doesnt seem to effect their pace (which is a snail's pace)

Thanks
Anuj

H1 Receipt date May 1

My h1B application was filed April 20 in vermont center and I129 petition was received on May 1st, 2006. My H1 was not approved yet and the status showing "Pending" in Uscis website. Anybody who has filed H1 in April and got their H1 apporved? Please help.

H1 Receipt Date May 02

Hi,
My receipt received date is Apr 12 and the Notice date is May 02.
Mine too the status is showing as pending, Please update if you get the approval.

foreveranuj said:

Thanks
Anuj

hi,

we have the same receved date. but i got an email aug 27 saying that my application was transferred to texas. any idea if i would need to start counting 3 - 4 months again?

thanks!

May 25, 2006 Receipt Date

service center: vermont service center
receipt date: may 25, 2006
approved date: aug 16, 2006
my employer have not yet received the actual notice - Notice of Approval (NOA).

Last edited by a moderator:
Quota and Dates

IF your case has been filed before 26 May 2006, You are considered to be in 2006 GAP. Even though immigration received 4000 extra H1/B they were planning to do a lottery. But I am Positive if you get your EAC number, it means you are safe.

No body knows how long it gonna take. UCSIC are changing there procedure. Thats why things are delayed. They have sent appox 5000 files to Texas to complete the Processing as early as they can.So just stay tight if you have ur EAC , you will hear good news anytime. Sometimes it even takes Oct to process cases. It doesnt mean if H1 duration is starting from 1 Oct, they will stop processing the rest of the cases.

I answered your first question based on the information my friend got from his immigration lawyer.

foreveranuj said:

Thanks
Anuj

IF your case has been filed before 26 May 2006, You are considered to be in 2006 GAP. Even though immigration received 4000 extra H1/B they were planning to do a lottery. But I am Positive if you get your EAC number, it means you are safe.

No body knows how long it gonna take. UCSIC are changing there procedure. Thats why things are delayed. They have sent appox 5000 files to Texas to complete the Processing as early as they can.So just stay tight if you have ur EAC , you will hear good news anytime. Sometimes it even takes Oct to process cases. It doesnt mean if H1 duration is starting from 1 Oct, they will stop processing the rest of the cases.

My application was filed on May 22nd, and receipted on May 26th. My application has been approved on Sept 28. Most of the applications that were filed between May 16 and May 25 have been approved. There are around 10% of applications that were filed before May 25 are pending.

My receipt date was may 22 and notice date may 26th. I still havent heard. Do you think it will be sometime this week??? I'm getting really anxious at this point... :(