Just came back from country of prosecution

Today I listened to a radio talk show where an immigration lawyer was invited to answer questions. And there are several asylees called in asked if they could come back to the home country, and his answer is: before get GC, it's not recommended; after got GC, there should be no problem at all. Well, it's just the lawyer's opinion.

To Lazerthegreat

Lazerthegreat said:
so in other words if you are that unlucky soul who is caught traveling back to home country and matter reaches immigration judge, the court lets you go if above reasons are presented? Does proof have to be submitted for the situation?
I believe you opinions are very valuable as you have seen this happening first hand... just a compliment.... ;)

That;s correct. If they have a problem with your travels at the POE, the worst case scenario is that they take your RTD and refer the matter to the court. You will get a hearing date. You will need to show up with a lawyer and all possible documents you have or a verbal explanation on why you had gone to the country of persecution. Most immigration judges are sympathetic and considerate, they are lawyers, not buerocrats. They will throw the INS case against you out of the court. From my experience in the court, the only time when they can revoke your benefits is when you committed criminal offence or if INS was able to prove that you had submitted fraudulent documents. Still, the matter goes back and forth.

blackbird8888 said:
Your mean asylee status I485 pending or As6 permanent resident

An asylee, I485 pending, As6PR, even if you only just applied for asylum, you can still get an advance parole. Again, I am talking about real emergencies, you will need documents to show them you really need to go.

solovei said:
Just thought it may be beneficial for everybody.

I know a fellow who is a director of a certain aircompany headquaters in Zurich. What he told me once was rather interesting:
He said that the Department of State obliges all carriers for America bound flights to slide all US passports (RTD and RP included) or US visas before boarding. Thus, the US authorities are getting the info of who is coming before the plane even reaches the destination. I never paid attention, but after he told me ,I then started to look out 4 this, and -Bingo - they slided mine and my wife's entry visas (we didn't have asylum at a time).

Now, what do they do with this info... who knows...
Whether this info goes to customs? ins? irs :) But technically speaking it sounds like it's very easy to track anyone's whereabouts (or at least where the person travelled from).

Any ideas, anyone?

I'll tell you more. On my way back from Zurich I was asked several questions by the passport control officer which is located right near the gates in Zurich airport. Woman asked me where had I stayed in Zurich, how had I liked the weather and so on. She also inspected my RTD very carefully and only after making sure that everything was fine she let me go to the gate desk. The funny thing was that she had such a strong german accent that I could hardly understand her and asked to repeat questions all the time, and her colleage who standed near was wondering " Can't you hear her?Can't you hear her". I said that I had some major problems with my ears. :)

Minsk said:
I'll tell you more. On my way back from Zurich I was asked several questions by the passport control officer which is located right near the gates in Zurich airport. Woman asked me where had I stayed in Zurich, how had I liked the weather and so on. She also inspected my RTD very carefully and only after making sure that everything was fine she let me go to the gate desk. The funny thing was that she had such a strong german accent that I could hardly understand her and asked to repeat questions all the time, and her colleage who standed near was wondering " Can't you hear her?Can't you hear her". I said that I had some major problems with my ears. :)
This is normal for wherever you go. Once I was in thailand(coming back) and this thai offical looked at my passport and didn't know what it was. So he brought his superior, they looked at the thai visa, then the entry stamp. Then asked me questions about what I do in U.S and etc. Its all normal.

I was in Australia and this indian dude who was an immigration officer asked me lots of questions as to why I was in Australia and what did i do etc. So its all normal. I was in Germany last year and coming home with singapore airlines and they ask you the weirdest question..This is before boarding...It went like this:

Airline Personel: "What were you in germany for"
Me: "For a wedding"
AP: "Whose wedding?"
Me: "My cousins"
AP: "Did you like it, where was it?"
Me: "yes in Cologne"
AP: "How did you get here from Cologne"
ME: "TRAIN!!"
AP: "You have the ticket?"
ME: "HERE YOU GO"
AP: "What do you do in U.s?"
ME: "I work for Postal Service"
AP: "Oh what do you do, very interesting"
ME: "I am a systems engineer"
ME: " You want to see my Government ID?"
AP: "Oh Sure"
AP: "have a nice flight"
ME speaking to myself: "MOTHER FU&&CER, ASSH)LE, @!##$%^&**

It if the responsibility of Airlies to send out passenger list to US Customs before an international flight lands and leaves. If they fail to do so then they get a heavy fine. Mainly this information is used for most wanted list and individuals that customs and IRS are looking for. I know someone who works at the airport for a middle eastern airlines. Every time their flight leaves US there are about 3 or 4 US Customs officers arund them gathering passenger info at the check in. When you are boarding the flight, at the gate they check your passport and may search you and your children for carrying undeclaired cash that is over 10000 US dollars.
Last month I was coming from Saudia Arabia, I was in first class and I saw some Saudi guy in a hurry making his way to the door, he was the firist one out and I was right behind him, There were 2 US Customs officers waiting for him right at the jet bridge and since he was the first one to leave they checked his passport and got him, they took him with them. I saw this with my own eyes.

it is okay!

After reading TONS of opinions, answers, inputs, comments, going back to your home country should not be a problem as long as you get your PR card and NP AND! the condition in your home country has changed and it has been a while since you left the country!.

NP is needed when you enter your home country otherwise they (at home country) may ask you in regards to your status.

Traveling with RTD is okay as long as you dont travel to your home country.

RTD is a means of alternative for those who can not obtain new or renewed NP from their home country consulates.

Peace!

That's what I think. I appreciates everyones inputs

:p
wantmygcnow said:
This is normal for wherever you go. Once I was in thailand(coming back) and this thai offical looked at my passport and didn't know what it was. So he brought his superior, they looked at the thai visa, then the entry stamp. Then asked me questions about what I do in U.S and etc. Its all normal.

I was in Australia and this indian dude who was an immigration officer asked me lots of questions as to why I was in Australia and what did i do etc. So its all normal. I was in Germany last year and coming home with singapore airlines and they ask you the weirdest question..This is before boarding...It went like this:

Airline Personel: "What were you in germany for"
Me: "For a wedding"
AP: "Whose wedding?"
Me: "My cousins"
AP: "Did you like it, where was it?"
Me: "yes in Cologne"
AP: "How did you get here from Cologne"
ME: "TRAIN!!"
AP: "You have the ticket?"
ME: "HERE YOU GO"
AP: "What do you do in U.s?"
ME: "I work for Postal Service"