Just called the CSC to check on my status

caviar

Registered Users (C)
This might help others so I am sharing. I mentioned here and there on this board that I filed my N400 on 3/10/06 and that since then no news.

Well after waiting half an hour on the phone I spoke with a guy who checked my identity and then gave me my receipt number (it starts with WSC*00 followed by the 7 digits printed on my check). He told me that a receipt was sent to me a couple of weeks ago. Nothing came in the mail, stupid USPS...Anyway he also told me that an apt for FP was scheduled for me for early next week. Good that I called since I haven't received that one either!

He told me that in such cases I can make an apt at the local INS office and get copies of the papers I was supposed to receive. Anyway according to him the FP was scheduled yesterday so I might see this one in the mail in the next couple of days if my postman does his job.

Anyway I am there now, waiting to give FP in a few days with no notice whatsover. BTW the status online doesn't even recognize the receipt number the INS rep just gave me on the phone.

did you attemp to verify your filing address in their computer system, which it is the accurate one?

do you happen for not receiving mail thru USPS?

1) you have not received the NOA
2) they said they sent a FP notice to you already.

make sure they have your correct address in their computer system.

you said CSC.. is it Customer Service Center? or

CA Service Center??

I called the INS Customer Service which is located in LA.

They verified that they have the right address.

I think that USPS screwed up big time again.

Usps

My hats off to USPS. The ONLY SINGLE Government organization that really works well is the United States Postal Service. I do not say they are 100% PERFECT. No one is. But they are a 1000 times better than any of the other service you can find.

Hi

I sent application through USPS about couple of days ago. The USPS site says it is delivered to the CSC address. What is next step for me to track...Do I get some sort of communciation from CSC / USPS.

Reading about USPS lossing mail brought concern in my mind. Whats the best way to keep track on this.

Appreciate your guidance and help

thanks

This happened to me too!

My wife filed an I-130 on July 2005 & never got any Receipt from USCIS.
Feb. 2006 , my lawyer called USCIS, they told my lawyer they received the petition on July 28, 2005 and mailed the Receipt Notice.

USPS screwed up on this one!
Fortunately, I was able to get my Case No.

Is having a Case No. (just the no.) be sufficient for future reference rather than the real Receipt Notice?

Would I be able to get a printed copy of the Receipt Notice from USCIS? (just for security)

The guy told me on the phone that I could setup an apt online to the local district where I can get a copy of the documents

be careful about taking advice from JoeF: JoeF is not to be trusted, according to his own logic.

Well things are looking better, I received today the convocation for the FP. The paper indicates my receipt date and priority date. So the post office lost the first letter but this one is really what I need.

So here we go:

RD 3/15/06
PD 3/15/06
Check cashed 3/23/06
FP 4/19/06

We should start a game in speculating on the oath date. Who wants to start?