Just called NVC

Cicada

Registered Users (C)
I called NVA to check my I140 file. I entered my EAC number and heard that NVC was notified that I will adjust my status in the United
States and NVC will hold my file until INS office request for it.
A big relief. My I140 approval notice has something like my file was sent to NVC, blah, blah.

No Title

I also called NVC this morning and after entering my EAC# got the message "case not found". I also talked to an officer who said the same. When I asked her whether this meant that my case was never transfered to NVC, she said "correct". I hope she is right.
I filed my I-485 very soon after I got the I-140 approved. Maybe VSC got my I-485 before transfering my I-140 to NVC.

No Title

I called NVC and the message said that mine was transfered to Chennai, India. so, that explains it

What EAC # should be entered

I suppose the I-140 EAC# different from my 485 EAC#. So I have to enter the I-140 EAC# to get the update. Correct? Please clarify

NVC says Packet 3 was generated.. Complete and send to New Delhi

Hi Folks,
Does the above mean that my file was transferred to the Embassy? No where in the message does it explicitly say that it was sent. Please help...

No Title

I am quite sure it is the 485 EAC# as that is the stage when you opt to go for CP or not. I called NVC and entered my 485 EAC# and the message said "unable to find case at this time". Does the recording say if case has been transferred to a US consulate in India or do you have to reach an office for that ??

Sprasad you should try again with I-140 EAC

Thats how I found my case info. Like I said the message does not explicitly state that the file has been sent to Consulate, it just says a Packet 3 was generated and sent to the Attorney......Dont\' know what to make of it.

No Title

ticket to freedom : What is the "complete and send to New Delhi" part mean in the message you herad ?

What is the correct EAC# ?

Macika, Cicada : Did u guys use the 485 or 140 EAC# ? Please respond and what did the NVC recording say ?

i request you to visit discussion "pending discussion again (IMPORTANT)"

there are lot of discussion for NVC.
Use your I-140 EAC# for getting info. at NVC. AVM always says P3 sent to lawyer/attorney/individual. To know exact status of the file talk to rep. at NVC.

Long_way, How do you reach an NVC officer?

I called the 603-334-0700 number but was unable to get to speak with an official. Can you tell me how I could reach one? Thanks

No Title

Hey folks
I happened to talk to II0 at NVC. first there was a message on AVM that case not found when I put my 140 eac#. But I had to wait for 15 minutes then the officer came on line and the same thing I asked her.
She checked and told me that there is no case with them for my eac#.
I asked her what does it mean?
She says that they never recieved it.
I asked is it possible that they wud have recieved it and since cant find them now, its either forwarded to my nativie country or back to INS.
She replied if either of the things is true then she wud have found out my case detail and there wud have been note there about it.

Therefore conclusion is: If no case is found , it implies it wasnt sent to NVC cause only those cases are sent to NVC who opt for CP.
But there is exception to it. Errors u know, by error some folks 140s are forwarded to NVC even though they do not opt for it.

No Title

The very fact that NVC says that Packet 3 (P3) was generated means that you/lawyer had opted for CP while filing for I-140 or INS by mistake has approved your 140 for CP and sent it to the Indian consulate. Did you or your lawyer receive P3 ? In some cases, if 485 is filed very soon after 140 approval, INS will not issue P3 as they know that by filing 485 it is your intent to process the application in US. Hope this helps.

No Title

I actually tried both but I think the I140 EAC# should be used.Can\'t remember what exactly the message was, something like "cannot access this case at this time". The IIO did not find it either (I asked only I140).

No Title

INS does NOT directly send your case to any overseas consulate!
They forward CP cases to NVC. It is NVC\'s duty to transfer file to consulate abroad!