Just called NSC

uknair

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to inquire about AP for my wife.
RD 0n 11/15. They are currently processing 10/16 and it might take another month for mine to clear. I tried to expalin the personal emergency and she says AP can not be expedited as it is already approved in an expedited manner. She also mentioned that, local INS won't be able to do anything, as the case is pending with NSC.
Looks like I have to cancel her tickets for Jan 3rd.

I also inquired about my I-485(RD 10/19/01) and she says it will take couple more months at least. Not been assigned yet.

If you have receipt for AP

I'm not 100%sure about this, but you can check with Immi. Attorney for accuracy of this info.

If you have receipt of AP (2nd AP) and an expired AP, you could still travel and come back into the country on the basis of the two documents.

But As I said, check with the attorney. I think there has to be way out of this situation.

Regards,

gcoct,

This is the first AP.
My wife was on an F1 and she is graduating this month. I was told by my lawyer that local INS can issue AP and few of my friends already doen that in the past. But when I went there, they said "No way". It seems they have stopped it recently.

Had I known that, I could have applied earlier.

So, that means they need almost two months to approve APs?

Did you include I-140 approval notice, I-94, and marriage certificate in your wife's I-131 (AP) application again though you have them in your I-485 application?