Just Call IIO 12/15/00 12:52

vrcs

Registered Users (C)
ND SEP 15. PD current. RD 24/Aug, India EB2.

IIO told me that my case is not yet assigned to an officer. Due to lot of backlogs it will take awhile to assign an officer. Check back after few months.

Keep waiting........and waiting....and waiting....

No Title

I have a friend just called II, with ND Sept 25, 99. He was told a decision will be made in 2 to 3 weeks.

No Title

I think you people should stop calling the IIO so often. Let them do their jobs instead of giving out those non-sense answers. I do not think it helps in any way but it will only make the process even slower.

No Title

I agree with you. They are not of much help in probably 99.9% of the times you call them. You will get the same 2-3/4-6 weeks answer or even worse. On the other hand, having waited for so long and seeing others getting through with the same dates does frustrate and triggers one to call INS. I did that a few times and got this feeling.

No Title

You complain will only stop people posting and will not stop people calling…
Some of the calls are legitimate.

No Title

IIO are the separate set of people who are there just to give you information. So calling them , you are not putting any load on the officers who\'s processing your case. But ofcourse you may be putting some burdon on their Phone line + Computers that are running call-center applications.

So, if you feel that calling IIO would help your feeling OR the case itself please don\'t hesitate.

No Title

Ling and a sinha, Don\'t be ignorant and innocent.

Call IIO\'s, because

1. One of my friend\'s I485 got denied because he never received his FP notice. Just waited with ignorance. After denial notice he came to know that INS mailed his FP notice 6 months ago which he never received.

2. Employment verification ref was received by my another friend\'s Corporate lawyer who never responded. My friend was not aware of this ref until he received denial notice.

3. Even I485 notice has enquiry phone number to call INS whenver we need more info.

Only Call Center peoples are answering our phones. OK. IF YOU DON\'T KNOW ANYTHING, PLEASE DON\'T POST YOUR OWN INNOCENT MESSAGE TO CONFUSE OTHERS. (Sorry I have you put it this way)

So far I called IIOs only 2 times one for my FP response and 2nd one is today - Another friend of mine got his I485 approved last month, he has exactly my dates and case type. I saw several I485 approval posting which has greater than my ND. I waited for a month and called them to make sure I am not missing anything.

No Title

I didn\'t mean that calling IIOs is going to sow down the process. It was my observation that thaey aren\'t of much help in most of the cases. But, the situations you have suggested, it does seem reasonable to keep them. I understand the pain and suffering brother..I waited for almost 5 years before I got mine.

No Title

If anyone is calling IIO please get his/her name. I found by reviewing posting that at least one IIO (a lady) who is nice and helpful. I called twice before but did not have that luck. The IIOs (one man and one lady) were not helpful at all.

I think if you call IIO and feel he is not helpful, just hang up because trying to dig info from those IIOs just make you more frustrated.