Just approved - Thank god! EB2 RIR India

Gundappa vishwanath

Registered Users (C)
Just checked the AVM at 4.30 - don\'t believe it even now.

For a change I checked the message now.. it says your case approved!

EB2 RIR India PD: 08/98 , I 485 : ND 08/28/2000

RFE: July 11th, 2001 (for company letter) ; Responded Aug 2nd. INS told my wife even this morning that there is no news.

This also disputes my previous belief that they do not approve the AVM instantly.

Mine has been a long and very painful journey like many of you.

This is a wonderful forum... and you are my real friends as you are also the first ones after my wife to know this...

I will send you a more detailed mail later. This means we do not have to go to Newark over the week end as my wife\'s EAD that expires tomorrow and her 2nd one has not been approved yet.

Special thanks to Prakash Changlani - he kept my spirits up by sending an email a day - don\'t worry mate yours will be approved soon !

Thanks all

GRV

No Title

GRV:

Congratulations on your approval. For you all the pain and suffering is over. I don\'t know when my turn will come!!!

Thanks,

Regards,

A.K. Islam.

GRV - Congrats buddy..

I have been watching your comments and messages ever since you added your details to tracker because my ND/RD is very much similar to yours. Only difference, I dont have an RFE yet....

Once again, Congrats and have fun. Make full use of the GC ;)

Thanks.. AK I

AK I : While I knew I was going to be approved, the question as is always the case is: Is it going to be one week, one month or more?

Don\'t worry your turn will come soon..

Good Luck.

GRV

No Title

Thanks Mad Rascal! I appreciate the comments. If you know how to update the tracker that will be quite useful as I seem to have forgotten the password.

Good you do not have an RFE - That is a googly ball if you see what I mean. It is confusing and you are still at the crease as it just whizzes past you...!

My next stop: (After getting the courtesy copy) Newark INS. Otherwise, I would have gone there in the next few days to extend my wife\'s EAD as it expires today. Now no immediate rush to get there, I guess.

Thanks
GRV

GRV

Guess so..

I guess it basically boils down to the efficiency with which the officer issued the RFE. In my case, I am guessing that he/she issued it as soon as they got hold of our cases.

This might seem like the "Stockholm Syndrome" (where the kidnapped (me) starts appreciating the good work the kidnapper (the INS) is doing), I believe that the INS was not all that illogical in its approach.

In my wife\'s case they asked for 2 photos confirming the popular belief that they are as organized as my 4 year old son. Just like him they keep losing things..

In my case, since my company\'s name changed after I had filed for I 140, they probably needed some confirmation on what the company is now and who I am in their organization.

In my son\'s case they asked for nothing.

So the AVM kept saying, they asked for additional information for me and my wife and my son\'s case said, "Your appl.. was received on .. It takes 360 - 540 days"...

I hope your case is in the hands of an efficient officer.

Thanks

GRV

Enjoy the Independence (to)Day

Hi Gundappa,
COngratulations man, this is a good news on a great day of our 54th Independence Day. Enjoy