• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

June VB released (covering July interviews) - No change on the numbers.

Embassies were closed from 20 March ..presumably these few were ones that had been interviewed/approved previously and were awaiting AP docs? (and made it to issuance before the EO)
That's my bet too. There were ~1.5k GC issued in all categories. For comparison, in 04/2019 it was 38k.

Congrats to the lucky two in AF region - before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, these two are like to have been on AP

Actually - that would be a problem. My guess is that these two were re-issued/extended.

Actually - that would be a problem. My guess is that these two were re-issued/extended.
Sorry, you are right. I wasnt thinking of the ban, just people getting upset that visas were issued without interviews being scheduled due to Covid lockdown!! But looks like Xarthisius has cleared it all up, they were derivatives :cool:

There are never any plans at this point. That doesn't mean anything - even if we assumed that the person answering twitter questions was a decision maker level staff member (unlikely).

However, we can apply a little common sense.

A second draw happens when DoS sees initial response from the 1st batch and uses selectee numbers to guess there are going to be more selectees needed. They didn't have second draws in the over selected years for instance.

1. So at the moment we don't know how many selectees we have, but based on the case numbers we are hearing, there is a reasonable expectation that the number of selectees is higher than we have recently seen.
  2. The ban will mean we will probably lose time. for DV2021 case interviews.
So - given those two factors, I think a second draw is less likely than likely - but we will be able to make a better guess when we know the selectee counts.

There are never any plans at this point. That doesn't mean anything - even if we assumed that the person answering twitter questions was a decision maker level staff member (unlikely).

However, we can apply a little common sense.

A second draw happens when DoS sees initial response from the 1st batch and uses selectee numbers to guess there are going to be more selectees needed. They didn't have second draws in the over selected years for instance.

1. So at the moment we don't know how many selectees we have, but based on the case numbers we are hearing, there is a reasonable expectation that the number of selectees is higher than we have recently seen.
  2. The ban will mean we will probably lose time. for DV2021 case interviews.
So - given those two factors, I think a second draw is less likely than likely - but we will be able to make a better guess when we know the selectee counts.

Thanks a lot for answering this query.

Monthly visa issuances for 06/2020 have been released. 10 visas were issued, 12691 total in DV2020.

AF 2
AS 0
EU 4
NA 0
OC 4
SA 0

Updated charts are available at https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/

Note: What might be of interest here is the breakdown by post:
  • Kyiv - 3 (1 DV1)
  • Johannesburg - 2 (1 DV1)
  • Bratislava - 1 (1 DV1)
  • Sydney - 4 (4 DV1)

Do we assume these are people who qualified for exceptions from the ban?

(Johannesburg also issued the 2 in May chargeable to Mozambique if I recall correctly. It covers a number of African countries in the region.)

Do we assume these are people who qualified for exceptions from the ban?

(Johannesburg also issued the 2 in May chargeable to Mozambique if I recall correctly. It covers a number of African countries in the region.)
Could the Australia ones be reissues? I know a couple of winners were trying to get them reissued this past month

Could the Australia ones be reissues? I know a couple of winners were trying to get them reissued this past month
Interestingly, it looks like Australia was 4 principal applicants and no derivative. (Not sure if that’s meaningful or not, just interesting!)