June VB is Out. EB3 India moves a week

itraaz said:
mistake is a possiblity considering even on their automated message ,they still
talk about April numbers....
Only deviation of the pattern is EB2-India ..everything else seems to be following
a pattern. Maybe a phone call could help..but that will be on monday

Phone call where though?? Hope and pray what you are saying is true..!! and there is a mistake and EB2 has moved.. :)

I think the world/china/phil EB-3 2-month jump could be explained by the fact that the end of this financial year is approaching, and a large number of visa numbers still have not been allocated, probably in expectation of a large number of 245i cases. The 245i cases influx has been much lower than previously anticipated due to slower pace of processing, and so they now decided to speed up the visa allocations to avoid the situation where a lot of visa numbers would be left unused at the end of the year and effectively be wasted. I hope there will be fast movement in EB-3 categories in the remaining few months of this FY. But, if 245i case processing picks up, there can easily be a new prolonged period of stagnation, or even a new retrogression to May 01. Just my thoughts. It's more like a lottery for guys like me with priority dates in late 2001-early 2002 - can we make it into the quota before 245 cases will start rolling.

terminal said:
EB2-india didnot moved at all, what a crap another weekend of dis-appointment.

Nobody expected the outcome of June Bulletin (EB-2 movement). I also thought atleast 6 months forward movement will be there. We cannot predict USCIS at all. enjoy the weekend.

Huh !!!!!!!!!!!!

5 weeks is not.I thought it would hardly move for EB3 India.I still cant understand why EB2 did not move at all.

Defies logic... USCIS style!!!

EB2 India not moving at all seems like a typo... should have been 01JUN03. Though I'd rather want to see the BEC's getting their act together fast!

Hang in there, moment of truth would arrive sooner than later! Enjoy your weekend!

A

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for eb3

Seems like a good news for eb3 on two fronts. One, it moved an unexpected 5 weeks. Two, rest of the world moved 2 months. Which means that there aren't many 245(i) cases. And this might be true for india as well. I guess atleast until mid next year eb3 keeps moving. Because even if BEC processes 245(i) cases at a faster rate. They will get to file 485 when their date becomes current, which might be some time prior to may 2001. In the worst case even if all of their cases at BEC get approved today and they all file 485 today, it will atleast be a year before their application is considered for approval (with all biometrics and a year to year and half time period of 485 processing). So they are not going to eat into the visa numbers atleast until mid next year. So if eb3 india crosses may 2001 in a month or two, it can easily cross 2001 and 2002 by mid next year. After that buy a mega millions lottery ticket. For now I am content with virginia state lottery ticket. Too many hopes in too little time (6 years) :mad:

-----------------
EB3: PD Oct 2001

yesvi said:
Seems like a good news for eb3 on two fronts. One, it moved an unexpected 5 weeks. Two, rest of the world moved 2 months. Which means that there aren't many 245(i) cases. And this might be true for india as well. I guess atleast until mid next year eb3 keeps moving. Because even if BEC processes 245(i) cases at a faster rate. They will get to file 485 when their date becomes current, which might be some time prior to may 2001. In the worst case even if all of their cases at BEC get approved today and they all file 485 today, it will atleast be a year before their application is considered for approval (with all biometrics and a year to year and half time period of 485 processing). So they are not going to eat into the visa numbers atleast until mid next year. So if eb3 india crosses may 2001 in a month or two, it can easily cross 2001 and 2002 by mid next year. After that buy a mega millions lottery ticket. For now I am content with virginia state lottery ticket. Too many hopes in too little time (6 years) :mad:

-----------------
EB3: PD Oct 2001

since 245(i) cases filed before APR2001, their dates are already current. PD = date when labor was received by the local office.

245(i) cases

AGC4ME said:
since 245(i) cases filed before APR2001, their dates are already current. PD = date when labor was received by the local office.

I think, 245(i) cases last date of filing was Apr-30-2001, so not all of them are current yet !

Also dont forget USCIS is smart. They are not going to allow concurrent filing of I 140 and I 485 now.

So even if 245i labor is approved, they will get only to file I 140 first and not I 485 directly.

So I 140 line will grow and backlog first if thousands of applications are filed.

Does anyone know effective date of this new policy where you cant concurrently file I 140 & I485

Thanks