JUNE Bulletin is out.

jackmike

Registered Users (C)
Courtesy : Us Consulate mumbai

Immigrant Visas
Cut-Off Dates for Immigrant Visas
We are pleased to announce the June 2008 cut-off dates for immigrant visas for individuals born in India and those born in most other countries.

To qualify for an appointment, an applicant's priority date (the date that the petition was filed) must fall before the cut-off date for the appropriate category.

The following numbers are derived from the Department of State's Visa Bulletin. If you have additional questions about cut-off dates and your case is being processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai, please e-mail us or call us at +91-22-2363-7407 between 2 and 4 p.m. IST.

Category India Most Other Countries
F1 15 March 2002 15 March 2002
FX 1 May 2002 1 May 2002
F2A 15 July 2003 15 July 2003
F2B 1 August 1999 1 August 1999
F3 8 June 2000 8 June 2000
F4 1 February 1997 22 August 1997
E1 Current Current
E2 1 April 2004 Current
E3 1 November 2001 1 March 2006
EX Unavailable Unavailable
EW 1 January 2003 1 January 2003
E4 Current Current
E4-Religious Current Current

no one commented on the dates so far because ?

I) every who saw this is in state of shock
Ii) every one thinks that the Mumbai consulate publishing dates may not be true always?
iii) r u think that I am starting a rumor.

If its third then its not true since I just copy pasted everything from the website.

It sucks to be EB3

Not sure what the reason is for EB3 getting stuck.

Lot of substitute EB3 labors kicking in ?
Or/and uscis has decided to give all the overflow numbers to EB2 this time ?

Agree...

... but better slow and steady (as long as they do process old pending cases), than to jump forward, ignore us old timers, give the newbies approvals, and then move the dates back.

Anyway, this is all hoping that they don't skip older pending cases when the PD moves...

Will check back next month for the July bull...

Not fair for EB3 Ind 2001-2003 PD's. USCIS S***s

USCIS should work on some other Dates Like Date of First entry to this Country on H1B, Rather then Labour filing Dates Due to Substitute cases problem.

USCIS can get a rule if H1B is there in this country for 3 or 4 yrs and based on his / her First entry date to this country things gets processed, ( something similar to UK )

And also USCIS should process applications centralised and then pass it on to other Service Centers atleast we can see some FIFO in place, Currently It is very Happazard.

At least then who came to this country on H1B will get some justice based on his / her First Arrival date.

I know and understand the pain when Sub case gets approved and with Orginal and proper PD waiting for Labour clearence and then 140 approval and then 485.

System is good but there should not be option to misuse the same.

It is all my views, I know I cant change anything but atleast say something.

Not sure what the reason is for EB3 getting stuck.

Lot of substitute EB3 labors kicking in ?
Or/and uscis has decided to give all the overflow numbers to EB2 this time ?

Green_Always - I completely agree with you.

Before the AC21 bill kicked in, and all categories became current (this was before the current set of "retrogressions" started), what legacy INS used to do was to use the date the I-140 was submitted as the PD for substitute cases.

I think this was a more equitible way to deal with substitutions - they got the benefit of "skipping labor", but not of cutting in line.

Oh well - all this is moot anyway.

I am being a little over optimistic here..

did that ever happen that the dates published on the consulate websites like in this case the mumbai consulate.. were wrong and DOS has come up with a new cut-off dates that dont match the consulates?

I am asking this because I have found the dates on the consulate website a while ago but the DOS website is still showing the may visa bulletin.

If you look at this poll: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=278567
it shows there was a glut of EB3 applications from 2001-03. Combine that with much lower quota in this category, there's bound to be some lag compared to EB2. Like I had mentioned earlier, only a legislative intervention can clean up this bottleneck for good. Even 3 months of becoming current like what happened last year, can only bring temporary relief and many will miss the boat and become increasingly bitter.

as per visa bulletin, don't have high hope

EB3 Folks --> Don't have high hopes for next few visa bulletins..check back in October <--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

Demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices for adjustment of status cases, is expected to bring the Employment Third preference category very close to the annual numerical limit in June. As a result, this category is likely to experience retrogressions or visa unavailability beginning in July. Such action would only be temporary, however, and a complete recovery of the cut-off dates would occur for October, the first month of the new fiscal year.

Injustice for EB3-India

I and many folks in this forum have seen very few approvals for this category. How come USCIS says that this category is over subscribing the visa quota. Why they are moving un used visas to EB2 why not for EB3?

Injustice for EB3-India

I and many folks in this forum have seen very few approvals for this category. How come USCIS says that this category is over subscribing the visa quota. Why they are moving un used visas to EB2 why not for EB3?

Because huge number of EB3-India moved to EB2-India and recaptured old PD from their original EB3.

If EB3 moved to EB2 then it should be helping EB3, as the people who were suppose to consume EB3 number are now EB2.

I think the reason is EB3 category is so backlogged because it includes not only IT professionals, it includes Skilled Workers, Professionals and Other worker.. So there are lots of other professions that qualify for this category....these professionals may not be using these forums/trackitt etc like most IT professionals .. we don't know how many backlogged cases are there.

Other theory is in past these body shopping consulting/services companies used to apply for EB3 as EB3 could be substituted for a wider range of employees..so there are lots of substitute labors

Last edited by a moderator: