June 25 RD approved on Feb 22nd

Just got it

I heard the magic words, saying mine and my family members cases approved on Feb 22nd.
I\'m new to this board. recently I started to looking at this board. I thought, posting this info might be useful to the June RD guys.
PD 10/2000
RD 6/25/01
ND 7/22/01
WAC-01-264-5xxxx
EAD 11/01/01
FP scheduled for me: 11/29/01
FP scheduled for my wife: 11/22/01
Both FP done: 11/29/01
Message changed to "FP received and pending..." on 12/6/01
Message changed to "FP received and resumed..." on 1/11/02
Changed to Approved: Feb 22nd.
Checked the AVM just after midnight.

Don\'t believe IIO. I called once on Feb 12 and she said that still my reports are not received from FBI. On Feb 21 when a talked to a different IIO she said the 1/1/01 cases are in process now, and my case takes atleast another 5-6 months.

Good luck to everybody.

A question to Gurus here: I\'m changing the job from 1st of March using 180 days rule to the similar position. Does it matter if I change now as the case is approved. Is there any problem in changing the job just after 3 days of approval. I really appreciate your answers. Thanks in Advance.

to just got it

it is important that u read this discussion

rjngh2000 "****AC21 law discussion" 2/23/02 5:03pm

Changing jobs after 485 approval or pp stamping

We have this discussion on "US Immigration - After the green card" chain. It might be useful to you.

My understanding (after talking to a lawyer) is that you should have the intent of continuing/taking-up the job with the 485 sponsoring employee indefinitely at the time of your pp stamping. To show the intent, it is safer to stay with the sponsoring employer for a reasonable amount of time. That reasonable amount of time is not defined by any law. Quitting the employer after 3 days clearly shows lack of intent. You may want to consult a lawyer before you make a decision.

Thanks and some more details about my case - PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks sonofindia, rjngh2000, gcseeker_vasantham.

My GC sponsered employer has an agreement with my client that, after 6 months of contracting I must take a full time position with the client. I have a copy of that agreement with me also. As per the agreement I have given my resignation to my GC sponsered company in first week of February. Before getting the GC approval, I thought that there won\'t be any problem as the client(new employer) has given the same position and same nature of the duties. From March first I will be in the pay roll of my new employer. Or otherwise I need to lose my job. In the current market conditions, I don\'t have any option except to join. I thought that I can use the AC21 as my new position is the same as old.

My GC sponsered employer is very well cooperative and I\'m sure that there won\'t be any problem from their end. They also have accepted to give a letter saying, as per the agreement between them and my client, I need to join the client company.

But just before a week on new employment, I got my approval. I don\'t know whether to feel happy for green card or not? Because if my case gets approval after first of march, as I have already accepted the new position from March 1, it will be considered as AC21 portability. Now as I got approval a week before my new job, my GC becoming geopardized.

I have only four days to decide whether to take new job or not. If I don\'t take this job now, my client won\'t provide me the job and my GC sponsered company is not in a position to show some job.

I really appreciate any suggestions and help.

Thanks in advance.

if u change jobs ac21 law cannot help you.

There was a recent posting on this website. INS called to check on a person at his telephone number in his office to verify if he was actually working there.
Imagine if that happens to you they would be able to detect that u are not working there and maybe start proceedings against you.

90 percent nothing will happen but still in case something happens u r in deep shit.

Please be very carefull before u go ahead.

Please check and read other postings in the after green card section as someone mentioned.

Please consult a good lawyer and if required dont hesitate to pay money and consult a good lawyer

Congrats! One more questions for gurus.

Hi folks,
I called IIO this morning. He told me my case is in "region area" and will assign to an officer soon. What does this mean? Anyone is in the same boat as mine?