June 2014 - Citizenship tracker

NJN400
Please let me know about what SS changes we need to make post USC. I read you said you planning to to SS office to make necessary changes.

Thx

I'm sorry if I'm being impatient. My father had his interview after I did and he's already received a soft update saying they're going to schedule his Oath soon. My interview was 10 days ago and there's been no update. Since we've already purchased tickets for Dec 2, we're a bit edgy.

There's an update on my case actually. I went ahead and called the USCIS number and apparently, even though there's no change in online status, upon entering the application number, I was informed that my application was placed on line for Oath ceremony on the 27th. I'm quite hopeful that I'll receive an Oath schedule for Nov 19th w/ my Dad! That'd be quite a marvelous day for both of us!

Got my passport yesterday in snail-mail. Expedited service just took a week for me. So you could get passport in couple of days through walk-in or manual pick-up.

Now hope you get scheduled for 27'th.

Finally, both I and my father have been scheduled for Oath for the 2nd.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to board our flight on the 3rd as there's no way we can have overnight passport by then.

Sorry to hear that Miss_chang.

I just had the interview today. I was scheduled at 1:05 PM at the office in Phoenix and came early just to realize that at least 10 other people were also scheduled at the same time; so I had to wait over 1.5 hours before they called my name.
The Hispanic officer asked me about the probation I had (due to the $400 ticket which I could not pay all at once), but he did not ask me to show any evidence. He confirmed my name change and other things written on the application. He did not ask me to show any documents, not any o_O, including the tax transcripts. Approved. The entire process took 5 minutes and then I was out. :)

My father and I naturalized today and applied for expedited passport to fly out tomorrow.

Good luck to those that are still waiting for their Oath letters.

Miss_chang, how did you do the passport that quick? The Expedited Service on the Gov site, which is the fastest service, is said to take 2-3 weeks.
My Oath is on the 19th (Friday morning) and my family want to go to Canada on the 26th (Friday). Is it possible?

What NJN400 said. You need to go to a PP agency but for that, you need to schedule an appointment. In our own case, it wasn't ready the same day. We applied on the day of the oath (dropped it off) and were asked to come back the next day (our flight).