June 2011 Filers

Congrats! But it is more helpful to all concerned if you provide a little more detail of your interview etc.

my green-card was approved on the 15th of September 2011!

oddly I never received my EAD, which is still in the step 'initial review', not that it's required anymore.

taFCEf

Hello, everybody!

Our interview experience:
Our interview took place in Charlotte, NC on September 20th, 2011. We got there 45 minutes prior, went through the security check point and were directed toward the waiting room. We were called exactly at 2:30 pm, time of the interview. The officer, very polite, asked us to take the oath. After that, he went through our documents just asking questions about the info that we put in the application.He asked all the yes/no questions from I-485, asked how my husband and I met, if we lived together before and after the marriage. After that, he told us that we were approved and will receive the green card in 10 days. He gave us details about the removal of conditions and that was all. He did not ask to look at any picture or any other supporting document. We had 2 full carry-on bags with all kids of documents. The interview took 15 minutes. We were out by 2:50 pm.
I checked the USCIS website and they have ordered the production of my green card.
We are done. It was easier than I expected.
Thank you for all your input, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Good luck with your endeavors and see you in 2013!
:cool::)

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.
day 57: 07/27/2011- fingerprints taken at Durham application support center
day 59:07/29/2011- EAD ordered; should be in the mail soon
day 67:08/06/2011- EAD received in the mail
day 76:08/15/2011 - interview letter received in the mail
day 112:09/20/2011- interview: approved
day 115:09/23/2011- Green card ordered

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, everybody!

Our interview experience:
Our interview took place in Charlotte, NC on September 20th, 2011. We got there 45 minutes prior, went through the security check point and were directed toward the waiting room. We were called exactly at 2:30 pm, time of the interview. The officer, very polite, asked us to take the oath. After that, he went through our documents just asking questions about the info that we put in the application.He asked all the yes/no questions from I-485, asked how my husband and I met, if we lived together before and after the marriage. After that, he told us that we were approved and will receive the green card in 10 days. He gave us details about the removal of conditions and that was all. He did not ask to look at any picture or any other supporting document. We had 2 full carry-on bags with all kids of documents. The interview took 15 minutes. We were out by 2:50 pm.
I checked the USCIS website and they have ordered the production of my green card.
We are done. It was easier than I expected.
Thank you for all your input, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Good luck with your endeavors and see you in 2013!
:cool::)

day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.

Congrats on your interview. We had our GC interview and we also got approved for the GC. Did you get a printout from the IO saying that you have been approved for the GC? I have checked our status and its still showing Testing and Interview. Hopefully the status changes soon.

my green-card was approved on the 15th of September 2011!

oddly I never received my EAD, which is still in the step 'initial review', not that it's required anymore.

If you read my experience in the July Filer section, we never received the EAD either. The IO asked for it and we told him we never got it. He said it was approved in August. Like as you said we have been approved for a GC so the EAD is useless now.

Yes, we have received a printout stating that we have been approved.:)
And your status will change. You'll see.

Congrats on your interview. We had our GC interview and we also got approved for the GC. Did you get a printout from the IO saying that you have been approved for the GC? I have checked our status and its still showing Testing and Interview. Hopefully the status changes soon.

I received the green card today. Thanks everyone for all your help. Congrats to everybody who received theirs and good luck to everybody who are yet to interview.

RsT8hk

I had my interview today in Atlanta, GA ie., on September 26, 2011. I will write my experience in detail as soon as I hear from them. Right from the begining the officer was very positive and 5 minutes in the interview he told us, he was going to approve it. He repeated it 5-6 times and ended the interview saying that he will formally approve it later today after he has gone through the documents once. My interview was over at 9:20 AM and no status update as yet. I am worried now.

Congrats itsschaituz.......

I had my interview today in Atlanta, GA ie., on September 27, 2011. I will write my experience in detail as soon as I hear from them. Right from the begining the officer was very positive and 5 minutes in the interview he told us, he was going to approve it. He repeated it 5-6 times and ended the interview saying that he will formally approve it later today after he has gone through the documents once. My interview was over at 9:20 AM and no status update as yet. I am worried now.

My Interview experience (09/21 @Newark)

Interview experience in Newark

Interview was scheduled at 08-30, reached the room at 08-15 am
My name was called out at 08-50, was out of the interview in 4 mins and asked to wait while he was preparing something (the recommendation for approval letter)

Questions asked
1) Can i see your I-94/passport? he took my I-94s from passport and H1B.
2) Birth certificate original
3) Naturalization certificate from my wife...I gave the original, but he asked for a copy. and i handed it over to him

Then he asked me , Full Name, Fathers Name, Mothers Name and 4 "No" questions.

He said your I-130 is approved and hence no marriage questions.....

I was out of the room after which i waited for 2-3 mins and he came out saying that ur recommended for approval and you should recieve the card in 2 weeks

I got a Card Production status update yesterday (09/26). hopefully the card comes soon now

Thanks for everyone's input and help

Interview experience in Newark

Interview was scheduled at 08-30, reached the room at 08-15 am
My name was called out at 08-50, was out of the interview in 4 mins and asked to wait while he was preparing something (the recommendation for approval letter)

Questions asked
1) Can i see your I-94/passport? he took my I-94s from passport and H1B.
2) Birth certificate original
3) Naturalization certificate from my wife...I gave the original, but he asked for a copy. and i handed it over to him

Then he asked me , Full Name, Fathers Name, Mothers Name and 4 "No" questions.

He said your I-130 is approved and hence no marriage questions.....

I was out of the room after which i waited for 2-3 mins and he came out saying that ur recommended for approval and you should recieve the card in 2 weeks

I got a Card Production status update yesterday (09/26). hopefully the card comes soon now

Thanks for everyone's input and help

Congratulations Viraj!

How long after your interview was over did you see any change in the online status. The IO told me in the interview that he will approve my case. It has been more than a day now and the status still shows testing and interview.

We got our GC in the mail last night! Congratulations to everybody who already went to their interview and Good Luck to those still waiting for theirs!

Congratulations guys! My interview is on Oct. 14th and I am preparing all necessary documents. Question, although I've sent out 2 certified translations of my birth certificate, do I still need to tak another one to interview? Could it be a copy of the last I sent?
Thanks!

Congratulations guys! My interview is on Oct. 14th and I am preparing all necessary documents. Question, although I've sent out 2 certified translations of my birth certificate, do I still need to tak another one to interview? Could it be a copy of the last I sent?
Thanks!

If they already have it in file then I would suggest taking the copy as the IO in our interview only asked for any new additional items we had that wasnt sent in with our packet. Good luck on your interview. There are a few in July filers that have gotten their interviews done if you want to check out our experiences.

Decision

On September 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283 .

Finally

Thank God

I will post my experience soon

Decision

On September 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283 .

Finally

Thank God

I will post my experience soon

I was going to post that sometimes the automated emails/text messages about case status updates are not sent during business hours. When my wife and I had the interview back in March 2010, we were interviewed at around 230pm and the case was being recommended to the officer's supervisor for approval. My reaction to myself when I heard that was how long is this going to be sitting on someone's desk. I actually received the email and text messages late that evening after I went to bed, so I didn't see them till the next morning. The time time messages was sent was 11pm.

jhFP6T

My interview experience: Atlanta GA, September 26, 2011

My USC wife and I reached the USCIS office in Atlanta at 8:20. Out appointment was for 8:45 AM. Interestingly I used to live in that area. I lived 3 minutes away from USICS office for 4.5 years. Phew, it was kinda interesting. I never thought I will go into the building one day. Anyways, it took us about 10 minutes to go through the security, check in, and get our calling number. We were sent to third floor. Just before we were called, a lady IO who looked unfriendly and strict called someone else. We were hoping that she better not be our IO. We waited for about 10 minutes before our number was called. The IO called our number. He was extremely friendly and chilled out. We had a huge bag full of folders and two huge 11x19 collages of pictures from before and after marriage. We also had our wedding album. He was highly impressed and asked us how much we spent on getting that done and how we did it. We told him, we made it at COSTCO. He made us stand up and take the oath to tell the truth. He went through those pictures and then our wedding album. He commented on our civil ceremony pictures and said, its a great view behind the glass. Our ceremony was in Seattle, on 20th floor of the building. He then asked where our wedding was. Did our parents approve it? And was it important for us that our marriage was approved by our parents. We told him, it was very important and was a big deal whether our parents approved it. We told him, our parents were in fact very happy about us getting married. He then asked how we met and how long did we know each other before we got married. Did we live together before we got married. Every 2-3 minutes, he kept telling us that this interview will be done soon. He had not gone through our file at all. He was going through our file as he was talking to us. I noticed that the documents he had with him were all what I had sent originally. They were not photocopies but the actual documents that were filed. I had also sent two collages of pictures too, which he had in the file. He asked me and my wife what we do for a living. He then started with my wife, going through her I-130 and asked the basic questions that were there like what is your date of birth, social security number. Where did you get married. What is your address. He then asked her if she has been married before, if she has sponsored anyone for immigration before. How did she become a citizen, to which she replied through her parents. He then started for i-485 with me and asked for my date of birth, address and all the questions. If I had been married before etc. He asked me for my wife's date of birth. Then I-485 yes/no questions. I replied no for all the questions. He then started to go through all the evidence that was submitted. He said we have submitted plenty and dont need to add anything. To my surprise he was not interesting in seeing any of the original documents. He was more than happy with the photocopies that were submitted. The only original he saw was my passport and that too only the page where I had my I-94. He did not even bother looking at the first page of my passport where I had my picture and details. He said he is already convinced. I told him, my USC wife has changed her last name to mine and gave him both her old and new passports. He was fine with it. I could tell that he would not have asked for even her passport had I not given him. He only looked at the photocopies that he had in his file. He asked for my passport and took my I-94. He asked if I want to submit anything which he can add into his file. He said the documents filed were very nicely organized. When I opened by folder, he said, OMG, you are very well prepared (I really wanted to hear that :p). I gave him, copy of our drivers license showing same address and her new name. I then have him joint car insurance copy, joint savings account statement, joint checking account statement and joint credit card statement. He was almost done by now. He said, he has no hesitation and was really convinced and was going to approve the green card. He said, I should get my green card in 15 days. He said he will go through the file once again and will approve my case later today. He congratulated us and we proceeded to leave. When we were walking out, we talked about how pleasant he was to talk to but also seemed like a laid back guy. Having read other interview experience, I was expecting to get approved in 15 minutes to 2 hrs max. To my disappointment, my case was not approved that day. He told us that he will approve the same day. I kept checking the USCIS website every 2 minutes the next day too. I was so disturbed. At 5:00 PM the next day, my status was updated on USICS website for both I-1485 and I-130. They were both approved. There was an update for I-130 for the first time ever. I also got an email from USCIS. The entire interview took about 35 minutes. It was a very relaxed and chilled out interview experience but a painful one after the interview till I got officially approved on their website and got emails. Thank you everyone for the support. Reading others experience helped me a lot to prepare for my interview. Good luck for those who have their interview coming up. Carry as many documents as you can.

Last update on my case: I have received the green card in the mail on September 28, 2011.

day 120:09/28/2011- Green card received in the mail:)

Last update on my case: I have received the green card in the mail on September 28, 2011.

It is a good feeling to hold the actual gc in your hand and take a deep long breath that this process is over. Next one two years down the road wont be as stressful. :)

That is very true, rok8man.I finally belong to this country and nobody can say nothing about it. I hope the next one will not be as stressful as this one.:)

It is a good feeling to hold the actual gc in your hand and take a deep long breath that this process is over. Next one two years down the road wont be as stressful. :)

That is very true, rok8man.I finally belong to this country and nobody can say nothing about it. I hope the next one will not be as stressful as this one.:)

Next one wont be nearly as painful. All you have to do is show more documentation like joint tax returns and joint accounts and its a breeze and a year after you get your conditions removed you can apply for the passport which wasnt an option for me when I got my gc. Just went to the SSN office to apply for her SSN card. That was a chore and a half. We went yesterday and ran out of time so took a half day off work to get it done today.... whew