JUNE 2007 Filers please show yourself

Words cannot explain how slow the employment based AOS. I’ve been victim of retrogression and still though the visa’s are available. I finally decided to file AOS based on the marriage. I should have done 3 years back but waited hoping my AOS will be approved soon. If your spouse is USC, I would recommend filling through her

Good luck

Thanks shas123. Please let us all know when you receive any updates on your case. I havent heard anything back yet nor my checks have been cashed. I would start to worry if nothing happens by end of next week. What is your DO?

Words cannot explain how slow the employment based AOS. I’ve been victim of retrogression and still though the visa’s are available. I finally decided to file AOS based on the marriage. I should have done 3 years back but waited hoping my AOS will be approved soon. If your spouse is USC, I would recommend filling through her

Good luck

Swap81, don’t worry about your checks. I’ve seen CIS took as much as 2 weeks to cash the check, couple of guys posted here in forum. Also since your I-130 is already approved they may be crosschecking the info before moving on to 485 and other? I have sent all my paper work to Chicago Lockbox if that’s what you’re looking. I will keep you guys posted if any changes with my case

Cheers

out of status B1/B2 . Wife became US Citizen. Self Filing.

Mailed my I-130 NOA/Case status upgrade/Naturalization Certificate/I-485/I-765/I864 Wife/I864 Joint Sponsor.

06/07/07 Mailed I-485 Package by Fedex.
06/08/07 I-485 Package received by FBASI
06/18/07 NOA Received for both I-485 and I-765.
06/19/07 checks cleared.
06/19/07 Biometrics Appointment letter recieved for I-485 and I-765 on 6/30/07
Hope all goes well........

When did you file your I-130, was it approved or pending? .... my husband will become a USC at the end of August and we're gonna have to pay the new fee ($1,010) for the I-485, and I was thinking of saving some money by filing I-130 as the wife of a PR and then upgrading it, I'm just wondering what's going to happen with that application in the month 1/2 or so before upgrading it, is it sent to the NBC? and when filing I-485 will it process slower since they have to look up the I-130, please could you post your DO...I'm looking forward see any updates in your time line...

Hi all :)

Can wait to do the Biometrics and get it over with, im getting impatient. Need to travel in January.

My file was updated today (but case still reads "pending"), i wonder what they did...

Checks cashed today but no receipt until now. Does anyone have tips about finding your receipt number on back of the check. I could find one number starting with MSC, but that didnt pull up anything on the case status.

Good to hear that Swap81. If you have access to your online checks, they usually have it listed on the back of your echecks. That's the only way you can find apart from CIS actual notice. I think you should get CIS notices in a about week. Let us know your case progress. Good luck

Cheers
Shas

Finished my biometrics exam a couple of days ago. I've updated by sig. I wonder when I can expect to hear something more - regarding the AP, EAD and the Interview. Can you guys tell me what I can expect now?

Received the receipts for I-485 and I-765 today - See my signature. Now waiting for the biometrics

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my interview appt letter in the mail today!! My interview is scheduled for August 22, 9:30 am, less than 3 months since when I sent off the forms!! I may even have my interview before my EAD or AP arrive. This is so super! I hope you guys get the same fast processing as well. This certainly made my day.

If a district office is the same as a field office, then, mine is Memphis, TN. I've also updated my sig with my new LUDs and Interview date.

I got my interview appt letter in the mail today!! My interview is scheduled for August 22, 9:30 am, less than 3 months since when I sent off the forms!! I may even have my interview before my EAD or AP arrive. This is so super! I hope you guys get the same fast processing as well. This certainly made my day.

Holy cow! Talk about fast. Congrats! :) I sent mine on 24 May and my NOA is 1 June. Looking at your case keeps my hope up. Hope my IL comes as quick as yours did :) Good luck, Preethav.

I just filed in June as well.... just sayin what up, will post more about my process... what has every body been doing about the whole driving thing? I am the USC, but my wife is canadian and has been here since last Oct... Can she still drive using her canadian license or how does that whole process work? THanks!

bbq

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I have not been able to track my application with my receipt nos. Calling the USCIS also didnt help. My postman is not accurate always and we missed my wife's naturalization FP because he put the mail in someone else's mailbox, who didnt bother to give us until 3 weeks after the date. Given my signature, when should I expect the FP notice? Any other ideas?

I don't know the second part of your question perhaps someone else can answer here. But called CIS for the very same reason, I couldn’t find my status online either. I was told to wait for a week. Basically all the application get forwarded to NCSC (National Customer Service Center) and they will verify all the info and assign A # and forward all docs to the place where they process your I-485. Until then you won’t see any status.

Cheers

bIOMETRICS LETTER

I, intending immigrant through marriage, recieved my biometrics appointment letter in the mail last week, butmy spouse ,US citizen,hasnt receieved her biometrics appointment yet. Is it normal?Does she even supposed to get fingerprinted and go to biometrics appointment?Please help guys.

yes its normal and no she is not supposed to get fingerprinted and no she doesnt have to go with you