July visa bulletin out!!

lack of dignity

I think we'll continue to live without any dignity till our turn - people who played by the books were royally screwed thru FBI name check and retrogression.

marlon2006 said:
Based on the remarks that things may slow down and or actually retrogress further, I don't think there is reason to be anxious about the next visa bulletins anymore. I learned that USCIS/DOS don't write those remarks in vain.

Do you think all visas are already used up?

Well, since they make no statistics available to us, we can only rely on what they wrote. If USCIS/DOS wrote that we should expect a slow down or even retrogression, believe me, I take that as a serious remark. I will pray that the latter will not be the case.

Also, read the post I wrote about the Speed Bullet Man; he is back to DOL to clear the backlogs there. It almost a sure thing the USCIS will receive way more LC's very soon from the DOL. I just pray that October shows that we can reach April 2002 or so.

Yooklid said:
Do you think all visas are already used up?

I am confused about the way the dates are moving for India at VSC. Non-availability of Visa Numbers - is this applicable to even those EB3 Cases whose PD have been current for quite a while? - my PD is Sep 2000. I have seen a whole bunch of EB3 approvals for India in the past couple of months of cases with PD after December 2000. BTW I am not stuck in name-check - don't know why my case still hasve'nt been approved?

guys, I just have one advice to you all and anyone else - stop guessing these visa bulletins a month before they come out...move on with ur lives, don't let a GC control your thoughts and movements..I don't see any point in a daily discussion on what next, when what will happen, just check the bulletin when its out and forget analyzing and dissecting each and every small detail - are you working in the USCIS? NO..so come back 2nd week of July and see whats in store, if no good news for u, move on.

marlon2006 said:
Anyone knows how the EB2 World overflow works ?
If EB2 World continues current, that would overflow to EB3 World and other countries as well, correct ?

EB2 World flows to EB2 oversubscribed countries. It is only when ALL EB2 requests are satisfied that extra EB2 goes to EB3.

The post by Dryheat earlier in this thread is incorrect.

Even if a category is completely current, USCIS won't let it fall through to the next lower category unless they are certain that they can completely satisfy evey request in the current category in this fiscal year. For instance EB1 is close to being completely current. Let us suppose that it is completely current and there are 5000 visas available. If USCIS estimates that the next 3 months will actually bring 5000 EB1 applications, they won't allot EB1 numbers to EB2 this fiscal.

Last edited by a moderator:
DARN. That sucks.

stucklabor said:
EB2 World flows to EB2 oversubscribed countries. It is only when ALL EB2 requests are satisfied that extra EB2 goes to EB3.

Even if a category is completely current, USCIS won't let it fall through to the next lower category unless they are certain that they can completely satisfy evey request in the current category in this fiscal year. For instance EB1 is close to being completely current. Let us suppose that it is completely current and there are 5000 visas available. If USCIS estimates that the next 3 months will actually bring 5000 EB1 applications, they won't allot EB1 numbers to EB2 this fiscal.

and if their estimate is wrong and in the last month not all visas are used up, then visas get wasted!
Am I right?
Are there any visas from previous years that can be used this year?

Should EB2 India have any hope in Sept buletin or should we just not look at it till October!?

stucklabor said:

I-485 medical exam

According to the July Visa Bulletin, my PD will be current in July. Can I get my medical exam done this month and send it along with my I-485 docs or do I have to wait until July 1st before I should go for the exam? Any expert opinion is sincerely appreciated.

Go Immidiately and get ur medicals done. Do not wait for anything. and on the first of next month file ur I485.

Did you talk to your lawyer ? I would expedite this immediately. Get all the paperwork done, it takes weeks to get this thing done. Do the medical exam. Good luck.

cadolslow said:
According to the July Visa Bulletin, my PD will be current
in July. Can I get my medical exam done this month and send it along with my I-485 docs or do I have to wait until July 1st before I should go for the exam? Any expert opinion is sincerely appreciated.

stucklabor said:

Do you have any links that points to the information you posted.I was under the impression there is no set rules and USCIS does things based on their whims and fancies.

I want to know whether EB2 India will move forward.

Thanks marlon2006 and AGC4ME for your input. I just got a reply from my lawyer and she suggested the same.

prank said:
Do you have any links that points to the information you posted.I was under the impression there is no set rules and USCIS does things based on their whims and fancies.

I want to know whether EB2 India will move forward.

Sorry. There are no real links to be posted here. This is based upon interpretation of the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century act. You should be able to find AC21 text on the web. There is a paragraph in there that says for EB green cards, the country limit applies but excess visas once all country limits are satisfied go to oversubscribed countries.

marlon2006 said:
DARN. That sucks.

How would you rather have it, Marlon. Would you rather have someone from Micronesia apply for an EB3 green card and get it immediately based upon an EB2 overflow since there was a hard country cap?

The soft country cap is a travesty since diversity is imposed on a category that purports to value knowledge and skill.