July Visa Bulletin - All EB2 and EB3 Current

Cruel Joke of USCIS !

Yes, the PD becoming current seems like a pleasant surprise. I must admit the positive is that many will be able to apply their AOS applications. In addition, some who are stuck in retrogession may even see their approvals. However, the sinister plan of USCIS become clear once you read their explanation in the visa bulletien:

" E. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008. "

So folks if you are smart enough you can figure out what an ingenious plan USICS has cooked up:
a) Hike up fees 2-3 times for all applications starting from July.
b) Make PD current, so thousands will be eligible to apply.
c) Have fun with the windfall of extra $$$
d) Move PD back to 2001-2002 in 2-3 months when most have applied (likely in Sept., 07).
e) Keep getting EAD/AP renewal fees from those "trapped" souls

So this looks like a well though out plan to get the immigrants money. I am truelly amazed at how these people think. They think all immigrants are idiots or what ?? This looks like a case for lawsuit to me.

Yes, the PD becoming current seems like a pleasant surprise. I must admit the positive is that many will be able to apply their AOS applications. In addition, some who are stuck in retrogession may even see their approvals. However, the sinister plan of USCIS become clear once you read their explanation in the visa bulletien:

" E. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008. "

So folks if you are smart enough you can figure out what an ingenious plan USICS has cooked up:
a) Hike up fees 2-3 times for all applications starting from July.
b) Make PD current, so thousands will be eligible to apply.
c) Have fun with the windfall of extra $$$
d) Move PD back to 2001-2002 in 2-3 months when most have applied (likely in Sept., 07).
e) Keep getting EAD/AP renewal fees from those "trapped" souls

So this looks like a well though out plan to get the immigrants money. I am truelly amazed at how these people think. They think all immigrants are idiots or what ?? This looks like a case for lawsuit to me.

I think the people that benefit with this are the one's that want EAD and AP.
Once we get EAD..there is no restriction and we can work at any place
(more importantly..the entire family can work now..)

Getting GC is another story..

Not to mention thousands of applicants who had been interviewed in the past few years at local centers but GC could not be issued because of the retrogressed date. They might finally see light at the end of the tunnel and save some $$ by not applying for EAD's every year.

Good that they have taken these measures (surprising) - since they were on track to loose 40000 visas (As per Ombudsman's estimate) this year. They lost 10000 such visa last year.

If I remember correctly, new applicants have time until July 30 to file their applications with old and lesser fees.