July To December 2001 485 Filers.

RD: 07/18/01
ND: 08/28/01
1st FP: 11/07/02. Rejected by FBI
2nd FP: 12/12/02 Accepted and AVM changed
on 2nd EAD. Applied for 2nd AP. My wife's AP is pending since 10/23/02.

Spoke with an IIO recently. It seems my 485 has finally been assigned to an officer on 12/19/02. Hoping to get an approval soon.

Hi Guys,

Finally, I have received FP notice on 02/14/03 but my spouse did not. What can we expect from TSC !!!!?

Does INS send the FP notices in different days? Anybody has/had same kind of experience?

Can we do the FP same day even if spouse didn't receive the notice by that time (3/8/03 at Cincinnati)?

I did call them several times. The last call was on 02/05/03. I am not sure if that helped.

Please share your thoughts.

PD 05/98
ND 08/01
FP 02/03

My wife's FP notice arrived 2 days after mine even though they were post marked with the same date. The post office dilevered it on different dates.

You may want to wait for a few days before calling INS about it.

RD august 01
ND Sept 01
FP January
Wife never received FP. Called INS 4 times , they all assured its coming, but we never got her FP notice till today :(

My ND 11/01/2001 , Talked to IIO two times finally got scheduled for FP in March 03

Got FP notices in the first week of Jan. for me and my wife (the 5th call to TSC got us a lovely IIO )

Got FP'd on Jan 25.

Called FBI yesterday.. they said both FPs were processed and sent back to the INS.

So far only my wife's status has changed on the INS case status page.

PD: 11/1999
RD: 05/2001 (don't know if RD matters at all)
ND: 08/2001
FP: 01/2003

Don't know how much more of the ordeal remains..

FP notice for Aug 2001 filer

I received FP notice scheduled on March 15th. My husband have the exact same RD and ND, but not yet scheduled for FP. Infact, he is the primary applicant
RD:Jun '01
ND: Aug '01

If my husband do not get he FP notice by March 15, can he come and request for the FP with me based on his receipts?

Spoke to IIO just now

IIO(she) : <no greetings and rudely,> Can I have your receipt number?
Me : <gave receipt info>
IIO : We received your application.... <word to word repeat of the message that appears on the online case status, sounded like she was reading it from a paper script!>

Me : Thank you for that information. But I am a little concerned I haven't received the FP notice yet.
IIO : Currently we are processing Nov 2000 cases. So, your case will take another 6-9 months and you will receive FP notice closer to adjudication date.

Me : I recently learnt several other people who have applied around the same time with ND in Sep'01 are receiving FP notices. Is that normal?
IIO : I can only discuss your case right now.

Me : How long before the approval the FP is sent out?
IIO : It is "closer" to approval date, but there is no formula!

Me : Thank you and have a nice day :confused:

RD - 9/12/2001

Called IIO on 1/6/2003, very nice guy before I ask anything else checked status of my case and asked if I have got FP, apologised for the delay, immediately ordered a FP request for me. Asked if an family member is pending, and ordered a FP request for my wife as well, said I will receive FP within 30 days.

FP Notice in mailbox on 1/20/2003, with FP date of 2/25/2003, went to FP center and requested for an earlier FP date and she was also nice and took us in on 2/12/2003 for FP. Now mine was done electronically but for my wife they do the FPs on paper using carbon/black ink.

Checked with FBI on 2/14/2003, FBI received the my FPs but not of my wife. Called IIO on 2/14/2003, very nice lady verifies that they have received the my FPs but not for my wife.

Today online case status says
"On February 19, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Now my friend got an approval in a week after FP, hoping for the same and with a good INDIA win against ZIM and a renewed hope of the world cup, hoping for the best.....

What ?

Your friend got approval after a week of FP? What service center is that? Can you post his details. Thats surprising !

Yep, approval in one week after FP in TSC

That was in Aug, 2003 he got his approval in one week flat, and card in 3 weeks after fp. can you beleive it!!! it happened in TSC

Filed I-485 in July 2001 with TSC, EAD renewal applied in October 2002, FP done in December. Still waiting for EAD renewal and I-485 approval. Any update?

Last edited by a moderator: