July-revalidation applicants tracking

Withdrawal - please help

Hi Guys,
My friend did not fill the 3rd column(DS-157) with his native language; instead he wrote it in English. He came to know this only after sending his application. Immediately, he sent a withdrawal request. He sent his application on July 23,2003. He sent his withdrawal request on July 25,2003. Still, he has not received his papers and passport. He is totally in dark now. He enquired DC office. As of 08/11/2003, they have not received his papers at DC office yet, but his cashier check has been encahsed on 08/06/2003.
It looks, before his application reaches DC office, he has sent his withdrawal request to DC office. The fax number whatever they have given for sending withdrawal request is actually a DC number. Now he does not know what is going to happen? Will they wait and track his application? As soon as they get, will they send his papers back? Or Will they just ignore his withdrawal request?

Please post if you have any thought?

Thanks
Joe

DC - DATE

Is that a must that we should know the DC Date? I called DC office once; the visa officer refused to disclose the date. Is that an information that should not be communicated? One of my friend has sent his application on July 23. His application has not been received in DC office yet. They are saying that his application could be still in transit. What is happening in St. Luis? Do they take this much time? I looked at the May tracking. The gap between St. Luis and DC office is less than 10 days for most of the cases.

Please post your replies if you have any experience or thought. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

I sent on 1st of JUN-03 by overnight fedex. So 2nd is the St. Loius Recieved date.
When can I expect my passport with Visa?

I have a typical scenario:
I'm applying for I-485 now and since I sent my passport and I-94(original) and did not make a copy of I-94. Passport is fine.
Within 6 months of time I travelled to Europe on business(job) 2 times. I have the old I-94 copy not recent.
How do I cope up with this. Any information is greatly appreciated.
How particular INS if I don't mention in I-485? or I can call and request for a copy?
Regards

I think, you can expect your stamped passport and documents by September 1st week at any time. You have only 15 more days.

Regarding I-485, you may need to attach your original-I94. If you have the latest I-94 with your H1 extension, you can give it. Otherwise you may need to better wait to get your originals OR ask your attorney and go by their advice.

Thanks
Joe

Folks -
latest news from May thread is " people are receiving the passports which was received in St Louis on or before May 19th".

Couple of more weeks - way to go.

Guys,
I have a correction. Sorry!!. I sent on 1st JUL-03 not 1st JUN-03. Acceidently I entered JUn-03 instead of JUl-03
Thanks

Guys,
Looks like people started receiving there passports who appied in May-03. The last I have seen is: person whose recv date 27-May-03 received his passport.

I guess for me it might take 4/5 more weeks to get my passport.
Thanks

Guys lets keep this list updated:

pittsguy: Jul 2nd
Sahithi: Jul 3rd
mrp2612: Jul 3rd
raj_oc: Jul 9th
spmateti:Jul 9th
Hem@Immigration: Jul 14th
IPC302: Jul 15th
insat123:Jul 16th
optimystic: Jul 17th
mmillo: Jul 18th
posit_GC: Jul 21st
rico : Jul 23rd
xrajeshx : Jul 24th
saravanans: Jul 30th
blazers : Jul 31st
Yedati: Jul 31st
pain_labor: Jul 31st

Good Work!

Yedati,
Good work!! Hope we all get ours stamped and start receiving PP from October onwards....one more month to go...

Adding my information

Sahithi: Jul 3rd
bnikita: July 31st

Correction

Sahithi: Jul 2nd
bnikita: July 31st

can you share your info??

Hey blazers , Yedati , pain_labor,

Could you tell me what is your DC receipt date since our Louis date is the same?

Thanks.

Bnikita,
How can we get the DC recieve date? We need to call the DC office and wait for 30 mins for there responce, i cant do that....

Lets wait and see its still 2 more months to go!!

yedati,

The number to call for DC is 202-663 - 1225 with option 1 & 0.

Then wait for 30 minutes or so and then they will ask for your passport number.

I know its a couple of months but the importance of the date is that their timeline is 10 weeks after the receipt date at DC.

Have fun...

Folks-
Friendly advice. DC received date is not at all useful for most of our cases. so its better not to call them frequently as one of the visa officer told that we may be wasting the time of the visa officer by engaging them in phone conversation which could be very well used for approving OUR visas.

Just thought of telling you @@

In case if you are not receiving the passports in correct time say 3 months , then call DC for more information.

Good luck.