July RD, talked with IIO

bigbear2

Registered Users (C)
I talked with a nice IIO yesterday (3/29). I was informed that my case has not been assigned to an office yet, and the approval is based on region, which explains why some late July RD have been approved, while I still need to wait. Has any one with early july RD (7/1 - 7/12) talk with an IIO recently? Has your case been assigned to an officer?

Did the officer tell you ,when the expected time for early July cases ?

I have RD July 11 , and nothing happened yet

May be its wrong

me and my friend who is my co worker has July 15 and mine July 12 RD but he got his on Mar 11 but my case is still pending we both are from same place , same company same EB3 status every thing is same except RD dates .what do you say about this

the IIO said I might have to wait until July to get my case assigned

but she said it may not take that long.

bigbear2: Based on what she said that you might have to wait until July ??

Based on your region or based on your RD ????

based on the fact they are offically approving May cases and

it usually takes about 11 months to get I485 approved. I think she just gave me a "standard" and CONSERVATIVE answer. Also, she said I may NOT have to wait that long. Don\'t worry, I believe our turn will come soon. I will try to wait my approval patiently and enjoy my daily life.

bigbear2: Thanks for reply. It is easy to say relax ;-)

I might be laid off in 2 weeks ...and of course don\'t have enough time to find a new job.... I don\'t know what will happen

the IIO might said it usually takes 11 months to get a I485 case assigned to an officer, I can\'t re

But I don\'t think it\'s an important information.

bigbear2: by the way, are you aware what will happen with the person if he gets RFE

about employment letter while he is laid off ?? Have you heared any story similar to that ?? I am trying to find answer through this web site, but there are not that many with this "horrible" experience

anka : there is a thread about being laid off before 180 days which addresses your issue

Just below this thread. Do read it.

Regions stuff is wrong.

I know couple of cases with RD after my RD and they are my neighbours. They got approved. There are lot of July cases got approved. Last week when I called, I was told they are processing based on ND and I have a long way to go. She said it will take six months and my case is not assigned to officer yet. It looks like they just tell you some reason or other. If we are lucky we should see approvals soon. I don\'t think they like to give the information about the case being assigned to officer or not.
   About the guys who lost or about to lose their jobs after 6 months of I-485, I am in the same boat and asked my attorney about it. He told me to find another job with the same responsibilities. Salary no bar. Let\'s hope for the best. My RD 7/17/01 and ND is 9/5/01. Good luck to all.

It\'s tough to have such a limited timeframe and try to find a job in this slowed market

anyway, i don\'t think INS is processing baseed on ND, rather on RD. What do you think ?

THanks Hariom GC, but they discuss slightly different issue

1. i will be laid off after 180 days
2. don\'t have a job yet ;-(