July RD. Talked to IIO just now.

kalkot

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
 My RD is 07/20, ND 09/04. I was so frustated after seeing lot of
august approvals, I couldn\'t stop myself calling IIO.I talked to IIO
just few minutes back. But I am glad that I talked to IIO.
IIO: Hi,
Me : Good morning. I applied for I485 last year July. I know this type
      of cases takes 360 to 540 days. But some of my friends who
      applied in August have got approvals. So I am wondering what is
      the official processing date for I-485
IIO: We are processing August cases.So yours should have been done
     by now. Do you have A# or receipt #
Me : I have my Reciept #. It is EAC-.....
IIO: When did you take your finger print
Me : April 8th
IIO: last year or this year?
Me : This year.
IIO: I see your ND is september.We are processing august. Yours might take a while.
(I know about this standard answer. So I did not keep quite..)
Me : But Those who appllied in august are getting approval. so, is everying
    okay with my case?
IIO: Yeah, Everythings looks fine. We have received your finger print and it looks good.Let me see where is your file sitting now?
After few seconds...
IIO : your file is sitting in "backlog shelf".I am confused.(She is asking
       herself)Why is it in backlog shelf? Lot of information is released
     everyday. so let me check and come back to you. Can you hold for
     sometime.
Me: Sure!

I was on hold for 10 minutes..Then she comes back on the line.
IIO: I am sorry for holdling you long.
Me: That\'s okay.
IIO: when we were assigning the July cases to adjudication section back in
     febraury, your finger print was not done at that time.(This explains how we had
    some july approvals in march ) So they have kept your file in the backlog shelf. We did not check the status of the file after that.There is movement of lot of files.They might have missed to check the status of your file. That is why it is still there in the backlog shelf. I am sorry about that. Now I am going to pull your file and move it
   to the adjudication section. You should hear from us within 2 months.
Me: Thanks
IIO: you are welcome!Good bye!
Me : Good bye.

So, If you have applied in July and did your FP very late in March/April, Call IIO.Your case may also be sitting in backlog shelf.
Hoping I will get my approval in two months.
Thanks!

Cool

But the IIO raised another round of the infamous unsolved mystery: When she said August cases, did she mean ND? (Because she goes on to say that your ND is September so it may take a while.) If that\'s the case, then why did she think your file should have been sent to the adjudication table back in February when they were assigning July cases?
I think these IIOs switch their answers to suit their convenience. She was "borderline" lazy to do her work so she said your case is a September case. Then, (probably with the help of some Starbucks) she snaps out of it and goes on to check the files and comes back with all that backlog crap ;)
Anyways, keep your fingers crossed. It will be your day to celebrate soon. Good luck.

Yep,I agree with you

They change their answers to their need or they themselves are not sure!

No Title

Good information kalkot. Thanks for posting.That means most of the jUly / August cases should have been assigned to officer by this time.

I think they always refer to ND rather than RD. When we call IIO, we could expect some positive response from them only if our ND is before the current processing date.

On this board, people kind of advised not to call IIO frequently.

I kind of called twice and am skeptic to do again. But , this posting compels us to call. Any body on the same boat??

they mean ND most of the times

I called IIO for EAD few months back. She though I was calling for 485 status and shot back - \'we receive you application only in Nov\'. My application was infact received in end August.

Thank you

This message is probably one of the most valuable pieces of information when it comes to finding out how VSC works. That\'s why New Hampshire people who got FP very late received AD very late also.
Lawyers don\'t know, or don\'t tell, how the "system" works. Thank you again for your input; may you get approved next week !

Called IIO a week ago ...

I talked with an IIO a week ago. It was the third time I talked to them in 2 month. Every time I got the same answer. My case has still not been assigned. My RD is 06/13. ND is 08/10. No IIO has ever mentioned to me about the backlog section. Is it possible my case is also stuck there? Is it ok if I call them again? I am kind of worried about calling them too much, However it is getting very frustrating.

JH, don\'t call often

My suggestion would be don\'t call them that often. I think everytime you call, they make note of your call.From some of the postings on this site, I guess you can call them after 2 months (That is what even IIO\'s say "Check back with us after 2 months").

Thank god they are abolishing the INS

Too bad they didn\'t do it before we applied!
They are such morons they think they are working at burger king. People\'s destinies are on the line!
Even burger king gets inspected for cleanliness but INS
get to do what they want with people\'s lives.

JH, don\'t call often

My suggestion would be don\'t call them that often. I think everytime you call, they make note of your call.From some of the postings on this site, I guess you can call them after 2 months (That is what even IIO\'s say "Check back with us after 2 months").