July PD report is out .... EB3 bad news

neocor said:
Does anyone see the light at the end of the tunnel near?

Yeah well said ..... I do see the light - but its of an oncoming Nurse loaded train :D

Damn - these hospitals should learn from these blood sucking companies and lobby to create a special non-immig visa category for nurses that bonds them to the sponsoring hospital forever :) -- they're just clueless !

I wish USCIS creates an easy way to "upgrade" a pending application from EB3 -> EB2 and maintain the original PD.

max2k1 said:
Yeah well said ..... I do see the light - but its of an oncoming Nurse loaded train :D

Damn - these hospitals should learn from these blood sucking companies and lobby to create a special non-immig visa category for nurses that bonds them to the sponsoring hospital forever :) -- they're just clueless !

I wish USCIS creates an easy way to "upgrade" a pending application from EB3 -> EB2 and maintain the original PD.

So nobody can predict a reasonable cut off date.....?

End of Retro.. if both we and EMPLOYERS try

Friends,

We all know that we are (Tech Guys) in big trouble. So let us STOP predicting what could happen by just sitting. We have to give our best shot and we will win.

Oneside we have to try ourself and otherside we have to get support from our EMPLOYERS. In present situation without EMPLYERS support it is very difficult ot win.

Please talk to your EMPLOYERS and ask them to send letters/email to Congress.

Guys what you think..

baby_mde,
No employer will be ready they got happy bcos we are all stuck.
for H1 they will do bcos its a revenue generator.

Now its all our luck only when visa# will be available.

good luck,

rb180
I-485 pending
PD 2001 but now it doesn't matter, it got stuck

Need to separate Tech Worker and Nurses quota

baby_mde said:
Friends,

We all know that we are (Tech Guys) in big trouble. So let us STOP predicting what could happen by just sitting. We have to give our best shot and we will win.

Oneside we have to try ourself and otherside we have to get support from our EMPLOYERS. In present situation without EMPLYERS support it is very difficult ot win.

Please talk to your EMPLOYERS and ask them to send letters/email to Congress.

Guys what you think..

Employers support is not going to happen. Everyone of us knows that here. What we need is to get this thing through litigation.

We need to have a strong lawyer to represent us and all of us need to rally behind that. I see a lot of effort going on in other threads encouraging EB3 effected people to write to local senator and congressmen. The idea behing it is that atleast when the issue comes up in debate in the congress or senate then these people will remember those letters and might say something that would be benificial. I personally dont see any benefit in everybody writing to their local congressman/Senator. The number of letters a single senator/Congressman gets will be very few, and that is not going to create any major impact.

As I said before a United Front is needed and a competent face to represent that front. In the abscence of any lobbying group this is unfortunately the only way left. I see a lot of templates or letters to the senator floating around, instead we should have a competant lawyer prepare a lawsuit against the way EB3 Visa numbers are handled. The latest rule to give preference to Schedule A nurses is plain injustice. It apperas that the UCICS had been made to believe that the EB3 category mainly belongs to Nurses and that other professionals are very few in number. This notion can only be removed through a lawsuit. Belive me no Senator/Congressman is going to fight for us, they are already committed to the promises that they have made to the Nurses lobby. They cannot go back on their promise to them.

We have to stop cribbing about the relief provided to the Nurses. They did their homework and got what they wanted. We need to do our job now and try to make UCICS separate the Skilled worker professionals out of the EB3 category so that Nurses have their separate quota and Skilled Technology workers have a separate quota.
In my opinion this is the right way forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Law Suit for EB3 retrogression

I agree with the above posting. Why dont we ask Rajiv Khanna what can be done. He is vry gutsy and probably is the best person to understand our pains

EB3 cutoff date in October 2005

Any idea what will be the cutoff dates for Eb3 when it opens up in Oct 2002.Will it be June 1 , 2002 (The original cutoff as it exisits today ) or will it be worse than that ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
willgetgc2005 said:
Any idea what will be the cutoff dates for Eb3 when it opens up in Oct 2005.Will it be June 1 , 2005 (The original cutoff as it exisits today ) or will it be worse than that ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Too early to predict ... it all depends on how many visas are eaten up by the damn nurses.
BTW, the current cut-off is June 1, 2002

Bill

There is a bill in Congress to increase the quotas to 480000 visas. I think the best bet for you guys right now will be to push that somehow instead of lawsuits and others.

What is the bill

Can you please share some details of the bill, name , date and who is sponsoring etc. I can do some study and see where that leads.