July PD report is out .... EB3 bad news

This also implies no EB3 can file 485 concurrently with 140 now, and no EAD/AP either...

Ead !

Folks,
I have already applied for my 485 in mid-april. I was just planning to apply for my EAD this week! Will this have any impact?

I485 (RD)04/18/05, (FP)05/06/05

will it affect already filed cases

Wil this affect EDA and AP for cases already filed and got the receipt notices, but not yet adjudicated ?

Hi,
My EAD will expire on OCT and now i'm working by EAD not with H1. And i sent AC21 also. I have to RENEW MY EAD. Can i do that ??

Please reply.
Thanks.
sd70

If DOS claims there are no visa numbers available for EB3 category for the last quarter of FY2005, then they have definitely broken the law by issuing more than the 27% limit per quarter.

Is there a way to seek a legal recourse based on this???

On an optismistic note, this means ( I guess), all EB3 guys whose priority dates are before june 2002 have time till june 30, 2005 within which their 485's may get approved. If it is not approved by june 30,2005, we should go and start planning on a very long vacation.

I have also asked this question on a separate thread. But I am repeating it here once agian.
"When does one really neeed a VISA#? Is it just before a 485 is thought to be approvable or as soon as the processing on a 485 has started?"

Good luck to everyone.

I am in shock

Just now, I saw the 2 magic e-mails about my 485 approval.

"On June 13, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

I still cannot believe it. Looks like they have approved my case. Wife's still pending, with a 6/10 LUD. I wish every one the best of luck for a speedy 485 approval. If my approvals are indeed ture, Like I said before, I really think before june 30, a lot of you guys will also get their 485 approvals.

I still cannot believe it.

Good luck to all from the bottom of my heart.

No impact on pending EAD/AP applications and renewals ... they'll process those as normal.

Better file your 485 before July 1st (actually ND has to be before July 1st - so send atleast a week before) if your PD is current now & you are filiing EB3.

Basically no more EB3 approvals (except if you are a freaking nurse - they were the ones that screwed us big time) starting July 1st till Oct 1st.
They'll re-establish EB3 PD cut-off dates from the Oct bulletin (out sometime mid-September)

The point ..... just chill out and enjoy the summer -- things will fall back into place sooner than later :D

some time illegal immigrant and some time nurses

April 2001 illegal immu choked the system.Then backlog center creation.Then Retrogression .Now Nurses have screwed us.Let us see whats new in Oct.

what would be the cut off date

Does anybody know where the cut off date(priority date) would be for the EB3 cases in October....?

venkatram said:
Does anybody know where the cut off date(priority date) would be for the EB3 cases in October....?
Whatever we throw out now would be really heavy speculation ...

Remember that those damn nurses would still run wild from July 1 -> Oct 1 and beyond and they will EAT up precious EB3 numbers ...... so who knows what'll happen ?!?

Maybe we all would just have leftover scraps in October -- man this is frustrating ..... that this country wants dumb a$$ nurses more than technology professionals !!!

max2k1 said:
Whatever we throw out now would be really heavy speculation ...

Remember that those damn nurses would still run wild from July 1 -> Oct 1 and beyond and they will EAT up precious EB3 numbers ...... so who knows what'll happen ?!?

Maybe we all would just have leftover scraps in October -- man this is frustrating ..... that this country wants dumb a$$ nurses more than technology professionals !!!

Well the way it works is that whoever is represented well and does the lobbying they get to eat the cake.
For the Nurses there are all the hospitals who are doing the works of lobbying. No one is doing it for Technology professionals.

Think about it! who is going to lobby for us? Most of the big IT compnaies these days dont care. They would rather prefer to outsource the work than hire H1 people. Also even if they do hire on H1 they are not very much interested in doing the GC. This leaves only the blood sucking Desi Consulting companies whose bussiness model it to bring people on H1 suck their blood. They too wont be interested in filing the GC as the person will leave as soon as he gets one.

So tell me who is there to lobby for us? none!!
We have to do it on our own. This way its very very difficult to make a united stand. A competent attorney needs to be hired, he needs to be paid. Who is going to take the challange of taking up the cause and doing it?
Even if a few hundred decide to show a united front and decide to talk to the senator, congrsssman or persue litigation, its not going to be enough.

The Nurse lobby is too great to overcome, they have a solid support of big institutions and hospitals.

The way our situation right now is, we either have to persue EB2 or just wait for the Nurses to eat up all the Visa Number until the demand for Nurses subsides in another 3-4 years. We will have our chance then.

Does anyone see the light at the end of the tunnel near?