July Bulletin and Family petition

TheInquisitor

Registered Users (C)
i know you guys are busy with idia and all. but have a question myself.

june bulletin:

1st 22APR01

july bulletin:

1st 01JAN00

so that is retro?

now, called them yesterday and told me that this week the envelope was going out (called 20 minutes ago and machine told it left yesterday) with my visa info and they gave me a case number. then called immigration yesterday and they told me that i can send in the info as soon as today.

does this mean i just made it in or can still be out? the immigration person said that the visa has been there for a month. but the nvc letter that i was to get has yet to come. that is why i was waiting. meaning, that when my i-130 was approved i was told to wait for a letter from nvc. called nvc just to update contact info and see the dates.

so can i still be out or was my visa one of the last ones? hoping for good news. thank you.

okay, finally got to speak to the nvc. the operator said that the date is current. when i told her about the bulletin, she said she has no knowledge of it and won't know until july 1st. weird she would say that.

see, under the june bulletin, i am one month current. under the july bulletin, i am over a year late. the documents go out this week. if anything chnages, they would send me a letter. so it possible fo rme to get a visa and then have retro kick in and they take it away? immigration says i can put the i-485 liek right now. should i send that documents like right now or what?

please someone reply with any info. thank you.

Before your embassy schedule an interview for you, it has to request to DOS to assign a visa number for your visa. If your PD is not current at that time, the embassy won't be able to schedule your interview.

not good news at all. i am in the country right now and under 245i. will make calls tomorrow. but forget interview, can i still put in application and have worker autho as i wait for pd?

okay, looking at the july bulletin:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2943.html

This bulletin summarizes the availability of immigrant numbers during July. Consular officers are required to report to the Department of State documentarily qualified applicants for numerically limited visas; the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security reports applicants for adjustment of status. Allocations were made, to the extent possible under the numerical limitations, for the demand received by June 9th in the chronological order of the reported priority dates.

demand received? the nvc got my case on may 10th and sending out the paperwork this week. this is week of june 12. so this demand is happens when they get the application, send documents, or when the embassy calls for an interview? and what if one is under 245i and doing it via immigartion?

Last edited by a moderator:
So essentially, they just lost 14 months in terms of visa availability?

I had high hopes of being current within a 16 months (June 2002 PD for 1A) and now that is out the door???