July/August 2001 RDs with I140 (CP) ...

priyali

Registered Users (C)
Please post your 485 status if you filed before September 2001 and your I-140 was approved for consular processing (CP).

RD : 08/10/01
ND : 09/17/01
RFE : Not received any yet
Loc : Columbus OH

Thanks

:confused:

priyali -

did you ask your lawyer to inquire on your case? i have 2 colleagues, both of them having jan 2001 rd and i think both were mistakenly approved i-140 for cp and their case were sent to their home country. hence one of them was delayed, until jun 2002 when he got his approval. the other one still hasn't got his approval yet. my 2 cents is ask your lawyer to inquire on your behalf or if you call, ask them.

to Priyali

Priyali:

My RD is 11/26/2001. i140 approved for CP. i485 is with AOS.

I enquired about my 140 file. They told me that MY file is in Madras, India.

I did see many cases of this kind approved normally in these forums., with out any significant delay.

But according to the user BPB*******, it looks like there is a trouble. Atleast the case may be delayed by 3-4 months.

Myself, I lef all my hopes on God.

YLM_GUY

Priyali:

Here are my details,

I485
RD: JUL 27,2001
FP: MAY 2002
RFE ISSUED: OCT 14
RFE RESPONSE RECEIVED: NOV14

MY I140 was approved for CP becos of my lawer did some mistake and I know about this only after I applied my I485.

In SEP 2002 I Talked to IIO and he said my case is pending because of they can't connect my I140. I contacted my Lawer and she contacted INS and they said that My I140 is in MADRAS and waiting for connection.
After about a month my lawer told me that I have received RFE on EMP. Online status never updated about by RFE untill NOV.
But any how We replied to my RFE and I am still waiting.

ME and my friend applied for Green card same time and we were running prallel untill applying I485.
His case is same as me and he got approval way back in OCT. His I485 RD was same as you i.e. 8/10/2001.

So we don't know how NSC deals with each case and I guess its all upto the Luck.

----
Sun

I called NVC automated message line to check my case. My 140 was approved for CP, but I applied 485 later. The information from NVC is "The petition was returned to INS to process." It seems to me that INS requested it back. I contacted NVC about half year ago to request them not to move my file to consulate. I sent them a fax, and they kept the file. I called at that time. The message was the file was kept at NVC. If INS request it, they will return to INS.

RD: 10/05/01
ND: 11/01/01
FP:5/24/02
RFE REPLIED AT 2/5/03 FOR EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION
WAITING FOR APPROVAL.

Bearx,

Did you mean NSC when you typed NVC?

Also will IIO the be able to tell if they have the I140 file at NSC? Can we do something if the file is still with the consulate specified in the CP petition?

Thanks

I mean NVC.

I called automated message system in NVC, and that is what it says. I am not sure about if IIO knows this information.

Hi,
What is the number for NVC? and to find out about your I140 file
do you have to know the LIN number of your I140 application?

thanks

Called IIO today and was told that my case is pending. When I told her that last week I was informed that they will be requesting further evidence, she told me that my case file is with the clerical department that types the letter and issues the RFE. She told me she did not know when they would actually issue the RFE.

Also she had no knowledge of my I140 CP approved petition. She just told me that her screen doesn't say anything about it.

More waiting I guess ....

ANY Suggestions

My I-140 was also approved for CP.I called NVC to find out about my file and after entering the LIN #, the automated system claims that they have no record of the file !!!

Any suggestions ?
My I-485 RD is 03/02.

Case not found for CP

Don't worry if your case is not found, talk to an operator at NVC ( they are much nicer than INS) and they will be able to tell you that your case is sent for CP if you choose that option. May God Bless us all and put an end to this waiting game. Thanks!

I also called NVC and found that my petition has been returned to INS.

Like Bearx, I wrote a letter to NVC to ask them to hold my I-140 (not to send to home country) about a year ago.

RD Oct. 23, 2001. Not RFE yet.

I-140 Approved for CP
I-485
RD: July 5, 2001
ND:Aug17,2001
RFE: Oct 2002(Employment)
Response to RFE:Nov 2002(Status updated only after calling IIO even though we responded within a week).
Approved: Feb 2003

Coolboy

Congrats on your approval ....

Did you do anything regarding your I140 for CP apporval to speed up the 485 approval process?

Priyali

No. I did not do anything to speed up the process because my friends who are in the same situation like me got approved without their interference and so I was just hanging on....waiting for my turn....