July 2012 N-400 Tracker

FP Done

DO San Francisco
Priority Mail 07/17/2012 to Phoenix :cool:
Received 07/19/2012 0 days
e-Confirmation 07/24/2012 5 days

I tried one day earlier FP but was denied! I was shipped to the East Cost for a few weeks so I went to Glenmont, MD. No ASC in DC?! I got there at 3:30 and was deserted, but the guard told me no problem with doing it there but had to respect appointment :( Had to miss work for almost 3 hours next day, it was Friday 24th. Got there 10am and it is as deserted as in the afternoon. A couple of customers showed up after me and the employees where joking about it being the busy time of the day.

From last month posts it seems the interview takes about 2 months after fingerprints, but I think San Francisco is taking longer. Anybody knows? It seems applications surged last few months, maybe because of the election. I don't think I'll be able to vote :confused: Good luck to all.

Got the USCIS email today that the case was placed in line for interview on Aug 16th. The FP was done on Aug 13th.
Hopefully will receive the IL soon.

07/10/12 Day 00 N-400 mailed
07/12/12 Day 02 N-400 delivered to Texax Lockbox
07/18/12 Day 08 Check cashed
07/21/12 Day 11 Notice Received
07/13/12 PD
07/27/12 FP Notice Received.
08/13/12 FP Done
08/28/12 Online Status changed to "In Line for Interview Scheduling"

Have you received the interview letter as yet? I am in Philadelphia DO, and my case was placed in line for interview on Aug 20th - no news thus far!

Update..

June'07: GC
DO: Dallas,TX
PD 07/25/12

07/24/12: Day0 N-400 sent by FedEx Standard Overnight to Lewisville, TX
07/25/12: Day1 delivered
07/27/12: Day3 received email that application is received
07/30/12: Day6 Check Cashed
07/31/12: Day7 NOA received
08/02/12: Day9 FP Notice received with a scheduled date of 08/27/12
08/27/12: Day34 FP done
08/29/12: Day36 Online Status changed to "In Line for Interview Scheduling"
08/30/12: Day37 Online Status changed to "Scheduled for Interview"

Status is same for Spouse too.

Hi Everyone,

I received my interview letter for 9/13. I don't see any update on my wife's n-400 application. Just wanted to see if it was due to her last name change(I have opted to change her last name). does anyone else running in the same situation. also should I need to call USCIS to find out the status...thanks in advance.

regards
Kris

Hi Everyone,

I received my interview letter for 9/13. I don't see any update on my wife's n-400 application. Just wanted to see if it was due to her last name change(I have opted to change her last name). does anyone else running in the same situation. also should I need to call USCIS to find out the status...thanks in advance.

regards
Kris

Kris,
Did you receive the letter today ? It seems strange that they will just give less than 10 days notice for interview. Normally there is a good 30-40 days gap fromt eh day the letter is received and the interview date.

Hi Everyone,

regards
Kris
My wife changes her name also, but she got interview and oath much earlier then me.

update

June'07: GC
DO: Dallas,TX
PD 07/25/12

07/24/12: Day0 N-400 sent by FedEx Standard Overnight to Lewisville, TX
07/25/12: Day1 delivered
07/27/12: Day3 received email that application is received
07/30/12: Day6 Check Cashed
07/31/12: Day7 NOA received
08/02/12: Day9 FP Notice received with a scheduled date of 08/27/12
08/27/12: Day34 FP done
08/29/12: Day36 Online Status changed to "In Line for Interview Scheduling"
08/30/12: Day37 Online Status changed to "Scheduled for Interview"
09/04/12: Day42 IL Received with interview scheduled date of 10/04/12

Status is same for Spouse too.

Have you received the interview letter as yet? I am in Philadelphia DO, and my case was placed in line for interview on Aug 20th - no news thus far!
the case was placed in line for interview on Aug 16th. No update since then.

Interview scheduled USCIS online status update

Text received on 9/6/12: On September 6, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview.

Normal?

Hey folks

Does anyone know if it is normal to have no Online Status changes (to "In Line for Interview") for a bit after the FPs? Reason I ask is because my wife and I both did our FPs on the same day and she's been scheduled for an interview on 09/28 with IL in hand, while my Online Status still says "Initial Review".

We did our FPs on 08/21, and while that's hardly adequate time to expect to be get an IL (guessing the wife sailed through the name check), I am befuddled that there isn't a status online that is reflective of this.

Hey folks

Does anyone know if it is normal to have no Online Status changes (to "In Line for Interview") for a bit after the FPs? Reason I ask is because my wife and I both did our FPs on the same day and she's been scheduled for an interview on 09/28 with IL in hand, while my Online Status still says "Initial Review".

We did our FPs on 08/21, and while that's hardly adequate time to expect to be get an IL (guessing the wife sailed through the name check), I am befuddled that there isn't a status online that is reflective of this.

There is no pattern or logic there. I did FP on Aug 13th. The status Changed on Aug 28th finally, notifying that as of Aug 16th, my application was placed in line for interview scheduling.
Whereas other people have done FP on Aug 15th, their Status have changed to Scheduled interview on Aug 16th and they got an Interview letter also in few days.

Online status

Yes it is normal, I did FP on 08/15/12 but my online status changed on 08/28/12 to in line for interview!

QUOTE=ks_cc;2586718]Hey folks

We did our FPs on 08/21, and while that's hardly adequate time to expect to be get an IL (guessing the wife sailed through the name check), I am befuddled that there isn't a status online that is reflective of this.[/QUOTE]

Haven't received the USCIS confirmation email but saw the status change online.
The case has been scheduled for Interview as of Sep 10th. Hopefully will receive the IL soon.

07/10/12 Day 00 N-400 mailed
07/12/12 Day 02 N-400 delivered to Texax Lockbox
07/18/12 Day 08 Check cashed
07/21/12 Day 11 Notice Received
07/13/12 PD
07/27/12 FP Notice Received.
08/13/12 FP Done.
08/28/12 Online Status changed to "In Line for Interview Scheduling"
09/10/12 Interview Scheduled.

How long does it take for the Interview Letter to come

My spouse's FP was done on Aug 24th. Website says, on August 31st, interview has been scheduled. We still haven't received the Interview Letter. How long does it take to get the interview letter?

My spouse's FP was done on Aug 24th. Website says, on August 31st, interview has been scheduled. We still haven't received the Interview Letter. How long does it take to get the interview letter?
Does it say 'Inline for Scheduling' or "Interview Scheduled" ? If its Interview Scheduled, then 10 days is a long time to not get the letter.

On August 31st, website information was updated and said "Interview Scheduled. You will get a letter with the date..."

DO they send the letter on the same day?

N-400 application is in fbi name check after finger prints

Hi Everyone,

We had an infopass appointment to find out the status on my wife's N-400 application and they told us that, her application in in FBI Name check and once it clears, then they will schedule for interview. IO is not able to tell the timeline. Anyone has any clue about how long the name check takes for n-400 application. I thought they do this only for I-485.

On a side note, for my interview, I can just carry the documents mentioned in the invitation letter or do I need to carry any other documents (apart from GC/passport/Drivers license/two photo graphs).

regds
Kris

Consolidated List

SWaiting/Chavis3 - thanks for your replies. I realize there are many others in the same boat. Kris, sucks about name check and herein is the challenge with a process that is completely opaque to the public (understandably so).

I'm looking for a straw poll/consolidated inventory of July filers with FP in July or August that are still awaiting Interview Letters and/or Status Updates online.

Please append your responses. This will give us a decent snapshot of normal versus outliers. I'll start...

1. ks_cc
ASC: Manchester NH
PD: 07/24/2012
FP: 08/21/2012
Online Status: Initial Review

-------------------------------

On August 31st, website information was updated and said "Interview Scheduled. You will get a letter with the date..."

DO they send the letter on the same day?

Don't sweat it and call if you don't get a letter by end of this week. 31st was a Friday that flowed into the Labor Day long weekend. They probably didn't get it mailed out until last week, if they've mailed it yet. My wife got her FP appointment letter a couple of days after I did, albeit for the same exact day.