July 2011 Filers

Great write up. I am glad the interview went well. I was surprised that the guard turned you away for being so early..... Nonetheless we will see you at the same place in two years and again a year later.... if you go for your citizenship.... Did you see the great big hall room after you come down from the escalator... thats where they hold the Citizenship ceremonies. My brother was the first group to be sworn in as citizens. His journey for citizenship took almost two years and I think they have cut the time in half since then.

Thanks Rok8Man, MarineWife and Singh Ji
Yes, I was actually there earlier this year when my wife took part in her ceremony, and I have been to the lower level below the interview rooms where they did her N400 related paper work as well :)
I look forward to continuing our journey in 1 year and 9 months, and then in a year again for my citizenship...yall are my good luck charms :D

Congratulations you guys!! I am so happy for all of you and thanks for the thorough interview descriptions. I had been just fine this whole time until right about now. Our interview is tomorrow at 9 am and i am starting to get nervous...I know everything will be ok and we'll be just fine :). We're going over our packet now and making sure we have everything. I am a June filer but you guys have helped so much!!

Congratulations y'all!

Congratulations to everyone who received their GC's or got them approved or had any other successes.

Sorry to be missing in action for so long. Some updates on my end: turns out the RFE we got was not just for his passport's bio page but also more financial proof. We had to wait quite a while before we could respond to it because my husband was out of town for work and we had to request several things from his employer. He started working this job in February so last year's tax returns don't show that he made enough -- we had put in assets and employer statement but they wanted more. Luckily, we had gotten a a car - fully paid for - in the meantime so we were able to show that amongst other things.

I had my biometrics on the 30th -- went well and everyone was very nice and courteous. I have been holding my breath since for my work permit. Today, we finally received a notification that card production is in order. I am in hopes that it will come tomorrow! However, we all know that's very unlikely, but one can always hope, right?

I guess I am going to be about a month or more behind you folks because of how long it took us to reply to our RFE. I just need my work permit because I am not sure how much longer my position will stay empty where I work. I am from Pakistan so I guess that adds more time in some ways -- not the best place to be from if you are immigrating. I am beyond happy to hear some news about the work permit. I see that some folks got theirs immediately and for some it took a while after the card production was ordered. I am going to stay positive and hope it will show up tomorrow or on Monday or Tuesday, or something! :)

I'm so happy for all of you. i have been reading the forum! Mankitos, my man, your approval made me SO happy -- you really deserve it! What an ordeal you went through.

Earlier today, when we hadnt received any updated and the case status still said 'initial review', I was tempted to tweet at USCIS and say PLEASE GIVE ME MY WORK PERMIT! but i restrained. Sigh.

Well, this has been a great community and even though we all don't know each other, we have gone through and are going through one of the most stressful, overwhelming and important processes of our lives together. If any of you finds him/herself in Minnesota at any point, you get a drink on me! :)

Congratulations to everyone who received their GC's or got them approved or had any other successes.

Good to hear from you and that your journey had a minor hiccup but its back on track. So far everyone has had a good interview and I am thinking it will continue. Of all the people i think I had the least amount of documents to show for bona fide proof but we are also newlyweds. Havent had time to amass as much.

I didnt think Minnesotans said y'all thats mostly a southern thing. We are from Bangladesh and I went to a Pakistani school growing up in Saudi Arabia for eight years. I know more urdu than my own language :D

Update
email/ text received that they have mailed the green card
Mantikos do notice the time line,
Oct 7 interview first email
oct 13 second email
Oct 14 third email....

So within a week from your interview if you do not receive another email then be prepared to do an infopass to give your I 94 and nudge them for your green card
good luck to all of us

Ny July filer

Hey fellow July filers I know I'm quite late joining in but I have been silently following this thread and would like to congratulate all of you who have successfully completed this journey!!! :). I'm from NYC and filed in July aswell and like to share my journey thus far... (Still awaiting interview notice)

MSC xxxxxxxx
07/15/2011-Aos packet mailed
07/18/2011- Aos packet received
07/28/2011- NOA Receipts received 08/01/2011- Biometrics appointment Letter received for 08/11/11 (8:30a)
08/11/2011- Biometrics taken (out in less than 30 mins)
09/14/2011- I-765/I-131 approved (card production)
09/24/2011- EAD/AP combo card received in mail
xx-xx-xxxx-
xx-xx-xxxx-

Hey fellow July filers I know I'm quite late joining in but I have been silently following this thread and would like to congratulate all of you who have successfully completed this journey!!! :). I'm from NYC and filed in July aswell and like to share my journey thus far... (Still awaiting interview notice)

Good to see you in our thread Lili. Hopefully you will receive your IL soon. Please keep us posted and good luck on your journey.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us.

@Lili758 -- do you mind me asking where you're from originally? Only because I recognize the 3 digits in your name.