July 2009 N-400 Filers

Received Oath Letter

I received Oath Letter (both self and spouse) scheduled for Oct 27th 2009 at 10:00 AM from NBC. I thank you all for your inputs and help.

I wish you all good luck who are waiting for interview or oath letters.

Interview done. Very formal. Quick. Organized. Approved. Oath on 10/23/09.

Officer went through and checked all details in my N400. In many cases, he just did not even wait for me to answer. When it came to the answer "no" for citations, I made him pause to explain to him "Never, except for the one instance when I had a speeding ticket" he continued as though I said "no", checked my answer on the form and moved on. So I guess, if the only infarction is speeding with fines under $500, AO's don't care.

The he asked me to read the first question on the form. It was "Who can vote?". On another form he asked me to write "Citizens can vote", which I did and that was it for the test of my ability to read and write English.

On the questions for my American history, civics and govt., the questions were
Who were brought to US as slaves? Ans: Africans
Name the vice president now. Ans. Joe Biden
How many amendments were made to the constitution? Ans: 27
Whats the supreme law of the land? Ans: Constitution
and 2 more basic ones that I cannot recall.

The whole thing took about 40 seconds.

Then he updated the information on the system . could not see all that he was updating but I did notice a mainframe screen in addition to the GUI screens. This was followed by him asing me to sign the complete signature on the N400 and that was it. He put all my papers back in the file and stamped it with the red "APPROVED" stamp. He then said that the Oath would be scheduled for 10/23 and that he is recommending me for approval and that I would get the oath letter after the review of the decision.

He asked me to wait outside and not leave until I pick up the oath letter, which I received in the next 45 mins. Oath Ceremony is scheduled for Friday at 1:30 PM at the Raleigh DO.

Interview done. Very formal. Quick. Organized. Approved. Oath on 10/23/09.

Officer went through and checked all details in my N400. In many cases, he just did not even wait for me to answer. When it came to the answer "no" for citations, I made him pause to explain to him "Never, except for the one instance when I had a speeding ticket" he continued as though I said "no", checked my answer on the form and moved on. So I guess, if the only infarction is speeding with fines under $500, AO's don't care.

The he asked me to read the first question on the form. It was "Who can vote?". On another form he asked me to write "Citizens can vote", which I did and that was it for the test of my ability to read and write English.

On the questions for my American history, civics and govt., the questions were
Who were brought to US as slaves? Ans: Africans
Name the vice president now. Ans. Joe Biden
How many amendments were made to the constitution? Ans: 27
Whats the supreme law of the land? Ans: Constitution
and 2 more basic ones that I cannot recall.

The whole thing took about 40 seconds.

Then he updated the information on the system . could not see all that he was updating but I did notice a mainframe screen in addition to the GUI screens. This was followed by him asing me to sign the complete signature on the N400 and that was it. He put all my papers back in the file and stamped it with the red "APPROVED" stamp. He then said that the Oath would be scheduled for 10/23 and that he is recommending me for approval and that I would get the oath letter after the review of the decision.

He asked me to wait outside and not leave until I pick up the oath letter, which I received in the next 45 mins. Oath Ceremony is scheduled for Friday at 1:30 PM at the Raleigh DO.

Congrats Sairam..Whats ur DO?

Done with Oath today. Got my Naturalization Certificate and am officially an American Citizen.

I did apply for the passport today. The oath ceremony was fantastic. The IO who conducted the ceremony was hilarious and cracked us up.

Thanks one and all and good luck with your journey.

Done with Oath yesterday.
It was 1 1/2 hr ceremonoy and finally we received the Nat.Certificate.
The journey with USCIS is now over.
Thanks everyone on this forum for providing the precious informations and sharing their experience.

Done with Oath yesterday.
It was 1 1/2 hr ceremonoy and finally we received the Nat.Certificate.
The journey with USCIS is now over.
Thanks everyone on this forum for providing the precious informations and sharing their experience.

Congrats Khilari,...the journey for you may be over but not necessary over in the sense that you may want to file for your family (parent, siblings) and then you will be back on here but at least with a different view...:):) once again, accept my congrats. I am hoping to get such message next month! :cool::cool::D

Congrats Khilari,...the journey for you may be over but not necessary over in the sense that you may want to file for your family (parent, siblings) and then you will be back on here but at least with a different view...:):) once again, accept my congrats. I am hoping to get such message next month! :cool::cool::D

Thanks johntlc. You are right, I will not leave this forum and keep in touch and help the other people as I received the great help from this forum.
Good luck to everyone who are still in the process.

finally oath done today -- there were 15 people for 10am ceremoney -- it took 1 hr from start to finish --

yesterday i completed my 5yr anniversary --
i went at 8.10am and called the IO -- the interview officer came down and gave me the oath letter.he was very very nice officer.I never expected he will pick up my phone and answer.......

this forum is so great and i wish good luck for the new filers and people who r in process --

if anyone has any questions, please send me a private message bcos i won't be coming here often anymore--

Showed up for my interview Oct 20th. Parked the car on street and entered the USCIS building half hour before; it was fairly empty. Placed the letter in tray and waited for 5 minutes. An Officer called out my name, asked for my GC. Showed me the date on GC and said we’ll have the interview next week after I complete 5 years. Asked me to wait for the reschedule letter, which I got in next 30 minutes. So, now my new date is Oct 28, 2009.

Wish the NBC folks pay attention to the GC anniversary date or rather change the rule of allowing to apply 90 days in advance.

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
10/03/2009 (Day 65): Missing Interview Letter arrives at the Door Step!
10/20/2009 (Day 82): Original Interview Date
10/28/2009 (Day 90): Rescheduled Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath Letter Receipt
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

My wife had her interview today in Jacksonville, FL DO and was approved. I have mine on Monday.
She stated the Interviewer was an old calm and cool person and was very polite. Asked her to take the oath to tell the truth. Then asked her to relax before going through the application, then the civics test, written and reading.

At the end congrats your are Approved.

My wife had her interview today in Jacksonville, FL DO and was approved. I have mine on Monday.
She stated the Interviewer was an old calm and cool person and was very polite. Asked her to take the oath to tell the truth. Then asked her to relax before going through the application, then the civics test, written and reading.

At the end congrats your are Approved.

Congrats to you and your wife!!! So the next step is the most exciting one ;)

Oath Ceremony done. We are now Naturalized American Citizens. May God continue to bless the United States of America.

This morning I received an email from USCIS that my case has been updated. It stated that the case has been transferred to my local district and an interview will be schedule. Now I'm waiting for the interview letter.