July/17/2003 I485 approved(interesting 140 case)

goose_doodle

Registered Users (C)
Hi all!

Yesterday, Nov 18th I was at this office party gulping down Sam Adams, when my cell phone rang. I had set my cell phone email id for notification from USCIS, and there were two mails saying that my case have been approved. I gupled down many more Sam Adams and woke up today with a headache. It is a relief, was tired of trying to figure out what USCIS was upto. On the flip side my wife's 485 has not been approved. She even has not received a FP notice!

USCIS never updated my I140 status, and they never emailed a approval notice to my company. Two enquiries from the attorney also produced zilch. I was quite distressed, and contacted my local senator. They checked with USCIS, and came back saying it has been actually approved! Hope this news helps guys out there in similar situation.
I didnt have a birthcertificate, and had submitted two affedevits, and no no-availability certificate.

I want to thank many people here who always chipped in with their two cents whenever I asked for advice. I wish there were more like them, unlike the so-called "silent visitors" who are there only to take, but not to give. I proud of you guys who always tried to help fellow applicants! I wanted to thank you by name, but cannot remember the (weird) user names. Some of hem are: believe_in_self, GC_GoneCase,Sine_Curve, hakoonamataata,Gorilla. And thank you Rajiv khanna, you are de best!

Remember what Lord Krishna says in the Gita," Your responsibility is to do your duty. The rewards of your labor is mine." Trust Him, and you will be always safe. Good luck. And God Speed! Phew.. long mail.

goose_doodle said:
Hi all!

Yesterday, Nov 18th I was at this office party gulping down Sam Adams, when my cell phone rang. I had set my cell phone email id for notification from USCIS, and there were two mails saying that my case have been approved. I gupled down many more Sam Adams and woke up today with a headache. It is a relief, was tired of trying to figure out what USCIS was upto. On the flip side my wife's 485 has not been approved. She even has not received a FP notice!

USCIS never updated my I140 status, and they never emailed a approval notice to my company. Two enquiries from the attorney also produced zilch. I was quite distressed, and contacted my local senator. They checked with USCIS, and came back saying it has been actually approved! Hope this news helps guys out there in similar situation.
I didnt have a birthcertificate, and had submitted two affedevits, and no no-availability certificate.

I want to thank many people here who always chipped in with their two cents whenever I asked for advice. I wish there were more like them, unlike the so-called "silent visitors" who are there only to take, but not to give. I proud of you guys who always tried to help fellow applicants! I wanted to thank you by name, but cannot remember the (weird) user names. Some of hem are: believe_in_self, GC_GoneCase,Sine_Curve, hakoonamataata,Gorilla. And thank you Rajiv khanna, you are de best!

Remember what Lord Krishna says in the Gita," Your responsibility is to do your duty. The rewards of your labor is mine." Trust Him, and you will be always safe. Good luck. And God Speed! Phew.. long mail.

Congratulations.. Headache is much better than tension buddy!! Have an advil or Saridon incase you have.. Can you tell me how to setup calls in your cellphone when you get any update from USCIS?

What's up with these timestamps?

Whoa..!!

Can anybody be more EAST tham me. I am in NY and I am still at 11:21 AM. I see the last time-stamp by m78768 of 11:34 AM. At this time I was at 11:19 AM. And I am sure my clock is syncronized properly..!! :)

Silent visitor!

Couple of reasons for being silent visitor.

It may be annoying for veteran members to answer silly questions. Already there is so much info on every thing.

As a new member, I don't feel like complaining much because there are so many guys waiting since 2001. The moment I say something, you veterans will say, you didn't even wait long enough... what is your problem ? I am 140-485 Dec'03.

There is nothing much to say or contribute other than watching members react to their emotions.

The positive side to silent visits is not clogging the site ;)

Frustratingly waiting as every one,
Man