joma, abhiyant, 485-2001, 485 approval, check_gc need information please!!

Good Info Joma

I would think so too why would VSC which approved the I-140 need it again unless wasting time is their objective(which looks to be the case)

abhiyant-Any reason(s) given for the delay with processing?

When you spoke to the IIO today, did you ask why there was a delay in processing your I-485 application?. Was any reason given?

The same reason

It is under process no decision is made yet. This IIO was some &^%*&^# nut case when I asked for I-140 being on file which I make sure I ask everytime I call she said she cannot share that info with me. Most other IIO in past have said that my file is complete. But then I think the way it is working is that it is Officer specific some officer requires this I-140 file and others don\'t.

why dont we all join together to write Dept. of Justice and Dept. of State

Hi All,

We can write a letter to Department of Justice which is heading INS and Department of State to resolve this issue..

Also we can write a letter to INS director. Any thoughts...

f e- Did you get a reg# from the consulate?

In my case, when the consulate replied back they sent me a reg#
(some kind of a reference number-may be helpful for tracking the
I-140 file),the service center name with zipcode and date the I-140 file was sent back from consulate to VSC. Did you get any such number?
This number may help your attorney when he/she writes to VSC about your case.

actually yes

Yes, they gave me some kind of registration number, and I gave it to my lawyer. It is a seven digit number. I don\'t think it\'s useful, though. It maybe a number NVC had assigned at the beginning.
 Today I talked to another IIO and got the same answer, "it\'s in decision state, be patient." I asked her how can a mail that was sent 3.5 months ago still be waited for? I asked if there\'re mailroom backlog or what? She says she does not know, she wishes she could help but she cannot, etc... Advised me to not worry, and enjoy the holiday season :)
 I will write to my senator explaining the situation.

Approved Underlying Immigrant Visa Petition

The underlying immigrant visa petition must be approved prior to adjustment of status. If this is not a concurrent filing, the file should contain the underlying approved visa petition (Form I-130, I-140, I-360 or I-526). The I-485 may be adjudicated based on the I-797 Approval Notice if the Service was unable to obtain the petition after a diligent search was made.