Joining the client just after EAD?

rucshaca

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Iam working as a consultant in a large scale company since 5 years. I have applied for my EAD/485/AP on June/13 through my current employer. Labor PD Sep/2002 EB3, India

Got the receipt and finger printing notices of my 485 case.

I am working for my current consulting employer since 2 years.

Now, my manager at the client site is retiring in Sep/2007 and before he leaves the company, he wants to hire me.

So, can i join my client site as a permanent employee just after getting my EAD? I have heard that i have to wait for 180 days from the notice date of my 485. Please advise if it is advisable to join the client site just after getting my EAD?

Thanks, rucshaca

I 140 has to be approved

Hi,

Iam working as a consultant in a large scale company since 5 years. I have applied for my EAD/485/AP on June/13 through my current employer. Labor PD Sep/2002 EB3, India

Got the receipt and finger printing notices of my 485 case.

I am working for my current consulting employer since 2 years.

Now, my manager at the client site is retiring in Sep/2007 and before he leaves the company, he wants to hire me.

So, can i join my client site as a permanent employee just after getting my EAD? I have heard that i have to wait for 180 days from the notice date of my 485. Please advise if it is advisable to join the client site just after getting my EAD?

Thanks, rucshaca
I think after approval of I140 You have to wait for 180 and then only you can join.Otherwise your employer can revoke your 140.Consult your lawyer also.

rabala

Thanks.

duncanidaho, does this 180 days counter starts after the approval of 140 or the Notice date of my 485?

My 140 was approved in July/2006.

My 485 Notice date is June/2007.

Thanks.

duncanidaho, does this 180 days counter starts after the approval of 140 or the Notice date of my 485?

My 140 was approved in July/2006.

My 485 Notice date is June/2007.

The 180 days counter starts with the RD of 485 and 140 has to be approved to invoke AC21