joining everyone in pending security clearance

sch1086

Registered Users (C)
I thought I would be amongst the lucky ones who escape the lengthy 'pending security clearance' but no sir, that was asking for too much :mad:
I join the others in the same boat. May everyone's boat get to the shore one day!! :)
I know by the end of the ordeal I will be become philosphical and poetic ;)
So let's stick together but let's not be miserable :cool:

pending name check since March 2003(acc to FBI e-mail in Feb 2005),,,now just 5 days back got to know thru senetor that its still pending :(

RD Jan 2003
PD July 2002
EB3
NC initiated in March 2003 ...still pending

non retro

mani_007 said:
pending name check since March 2003(acc to FBI e-mail in Feb 2005),,,now just 5 days back got to know thru senetor that its still pending :(

RD Jan 2003
PD July 2002
EB3
NC initiated in March 2003 ...still pending

non retro

wow, man. That is indeed tough. I will stop shedding tears for myself. I am non-retro category also. Is the EAD and AP renewed during this period? Is there any problem in travel outside the US and coming back?

Hi All
I got to know from USCIS that my case is stuck in FBI Background check.
Dont know whether it means "Namecheck" or not.
Can someone tell me if FBI Background check is same as NameCheck?
I got my EAD renewed . My EAD was renewed in just 15 days.

EB2 India
PD March 2002
Concurrent filing I140,I485 June 2005
EAD AP August 29th 2005
FP1 august 22 2005
EAD2 May15th 2006

Thanks
Pinkie

pinkie123 said:
Hi All

EB2 India
PD March 2002
EAD AP August 29th 2005
FP1 august 22 2005
EAD2 May15th 2006

Thanks
Pinkie

if you go to the USCIS web site and look under 'USCIS background checks' it is clear that there are only two type of checks done by FBI: 1. FBI Fingerprinting check and 2. FBI name check. It seems you are stuck in the FBI name check. The lingo is background check / name check. It is the same.
Good luck

pinkie123 said:
Hi All

EB2 India
PD March 2002
EAD AP August 29th 2005
FP1 august 22 2005
EAD2 May15th 2006

Thanks
Pinkie

By the way, my first EAD is valid till August 31, 2006. Close to yours. When did you apply for Second EAD and how much time did it take? Also second EAD comes into effect after expiry of first EAD or is it current when it is approved? Did you not apply for second AP?

sch1086 said:
wow, man. That is indeed tough. I will stop shedding tears for myself. I am non-retro category also. Is the EAD and AP renewed during this period? Is there any problem in travel outside the US and coming back?

renewing EAD and AP since 2003 so far no problem ...ys went on AP just this year no probelm in coming back

mani_007 said:
renewing EAD and AP since 2003 so far no problem ...ys went on AP just this year no probelm in coming back

Thanks buds,
Hoping you will get thru fast

Secirity Chaeck Shit??

its totaly strange about NSC employees I got 3 times letter from Nebraska center,Senator that EB-3 visa not available thts why no approval for I-485 EB3-India PD07/2002 Today when I called reprentative at Nebraska told me Security Check Pending for my wifw 7 Self when I said They told already PD is not current she said yeah there is mentioned on that & Officer will see what they need at the time of PD current right now hold for visa Availability 7 security Check What is this???????

chanderjoshi said:
its totaly strange about NSC employees I got 3 times letter from Nebraska center,Senator that EB-3 visa not available thts why no approval for I-485 EB3-India PD07/2002 Today when I called reprentative at Nebraska told me Security Check Pending for my wifw 7 Self when I said They told already PD is not current she said yeah there is mentioned on that & Officer will see what they need at the time of PD current right now hold for visa Availability 7 security Check What is this???????

go to uscis webpage. All the info is right there under background check

Hi Sch1086
I have applied for EAD and AP renewal .
My new EAD is valid from May 11th 2006 to May 11th 2007.
My previous EAD was valid until JUly 29th 2006.
SO basically, when you renew ur EAD, it is valid from that day for 1 year.

I got my AP approval notice yesterday.
My Case is stuck in NameCheck so just waiting for it to clear.

pinkie123 said:
Hi Sch1086
I have applied for EAD and AP renewal .
My new EAD is valid from May 11th 2006 to May 11th 2007.
My previous EAD was valid until JUly 29th 2006.
SO basically, when you renew ur EAD, it is valid from that day for 1 year.

I got my AP approval notice yesterday.
My Case is stuck in NameCheck so just waiting for it to clear.

Thanks for the info,
Saurabh