Joining company after leave of absence during I 485

dvshekar

Registered Users (C)
My employer X has filed for my labor petition. It got approved. However, for the past 1 1/2 years, I took leave of absence and I went and worked for another company. I plan to join my company again. My employer X is willing to file for I-140 and I-485.

1. Should I join before I 485 is filed or can I wait a bit longer?
2. Should I join them them after getting EAD card?
3. Will BCIS send a query if I join my company afterwards?
4 . Will I face any problem in getting I 485 approved and getting GC?

Thanks
V

dvshekar said:
My employer X has filed for my labor petition. It got approved. However, for the past 1 1/2 years, I took leave of absence and I went and worked for another company. I plan to join my company again. My employer X is willing to file for I-140 and I-485.

1. Should I join before I 485 is filed or can I wait a bit longer?
--any time
2. Should I join them them after getting EAD card?
---- any time if you have H1 with then or if when you get EAD
3. Will BCIS send a query if I join my company afterwards?
------ why? GC is for future job after I-485 approval. but USCIS can send any RFE for I-140 or any documents from employer and can send RFE for your I-485 if they have any concern. just in plain language USCIS can send RFE for any document/petition/application, it has NOTHING to do that you are with X or Y, better you should be back to X before your I-485 gets approved it is just suggestion
4 . Will I face any problem in getting I 485 approved and getting GC?
----- I dont see any problem if X files I-140 and you file I-485, EAd APO AND X is ready to help you for any RFE if the USCIS sends and X is ready to reply
Thanks
V