Job transfer with EAD

YK_P

Registered Users (C)
When I transfer my job with current EAD to new company, is there any restrictions on my working start date ? If there is no restrictions, what is the next step to transfer my current I-485 ? Do I need to give EAD copy to new company's HR office or just say I am holding valid EAD card ? Is there any special document to new company ? If I transfer company, do I need to report INS about the change ? Is there any special document to report this changes ?

I have passed more than a year after applying I-485 and have valid EAD until Feb.2003. I have a plan to get iEAD at the end of Jan.

Regards,
YK_P

i did not inform

i changed employers based on EAD and did not inform INS. I did have to send a copy of EAD (so that employer can verify and complete I-9). Start date can be immidiate - basically any date convinient to employee and employer.

Hi Guys,
I am also in the same boat - I have applied 485 and my EAd expires in Feb (planning to get iEAD from SFO this month)- mean while I am planning to switch jobs.

One quick question I have is - Will there be a problem if I get a job outside of the CSC area , say in texas - does INS transfer the files over to the other service center in case we inform INS.

Thanks

If u go to TSC, ur case will be under the transfer's interview process @ TSC. (Good luck waiting for that).

Moving out of CSC region is tricky and cumbersome. If I *had* to go out of CSC, I would not inform INS. If they send RFE they'll find out and put me in interview queue anyway, but why tell them and go stand in the queue for granted.

Can you give a friend's California address for paystubs/bank accounts/ur ins crap?

And yea, if you *have* to change centers, don't change them every year. Coz everytime u do, ur app is transferred, u don't want to complicate your case. As it is, INS cannot process anything simple and straightforward, good luck with complicating it.

thank you so much for that update on transfer to TSC.
I will try work out something on those lines. Actually in Nov'02 I recd a RFE for W-2 / paystub / EVL which I have already replied and INS site has updated the receipt of reply.

I have one more question.

The attorney is hesitant to continue my case of representing to INS as they are saying it would be conflict of interest with my current employer.

Do you see any problem with changing the attorney?

Thanks

Thanks for your kind reply.

For the case of job transfer, is it O.K not to inform INS about chage ? When I contact with immigration laywer, he said that we need to inform INS about changes but he didn't talk about detail needed document procedures. If I pay something, he is going to take action for me. The estimated cost is around $1200. Is it reasonable ?

Because of high probability of getting RFE before final approval, we may need to inform INS about job change before they send RFE about employment verification letter, new pay stub, etc. If we send this documents with change information, it might be expediting the process ???

Any comments are quite welcome.

Regards,
YK_P

Hi YK_P,
I checked on the AR - 11 form which clearley states that we need to indicate our present address, employer or school. So I think when we turn in our AR - 11 form for change of address which I persume will happen in most cases with change in job obviously will indicate to INS that who is your present employer.

So if there is a change of address along with the job change how could we not inform INS, because we need to send in AR - 11. I think it is better to inform INs

What if I transfer job but stay with same address ?
Do we still need to send AR-11 form about job change not change of address ?

My current conclusion is that we need to inform INS about job change. If I move other place, we need to fill AR-11 form.
Is this correct conclusion ? If we need to report INS about job change, is there any time limitation ?
Please advice me.

Yours,
YK_P

Hi YK_P,
I think you are correct. There is no were it says that we need to file AR - 11 for a change in employment. Every web site points that we need to file AR - 11 for address change. I propably kind of misunderstood by the fact that there is field in that form which asks for your employer information.

I read through the AC - 21 pdf. It does not mandate us to inform INS about any job change in that document. So I think there is no question with in how many days we need to do that unlike the AR - 11 which clearley mandates this to be filed with in 10 days.

however it is better to get a legal opinion on this