job transfer question!!

kudrna

hi!!
My I485 was pending at VSC with a receipt date of march 2002. On february 6th , my case was transfered to a local office for an interview.I have been working for the same employer since day one.Then about a year ago, i transfered to another company B located about half a mile from the previous one where i used to work . I have the same job description , the same salary, and both company A and B are owned by my employer. Because of the green card situation, he agreed to keep me on company A's payroll.Few months ago though , i started receiving a paycheck from company B. My cocern is , even if both copanies are owned by my employer , they have different name, and my labor application was for company A. Is this in any way a problem ? i heard about AC21 and i am not sure how it works ...was i supposed to inform bcis?? is there any more paperwork to file???

your input would be most appreciated ... my interview could be any day now ..thanx:confused:

If the paycheck is different- it is different employer. So AC21 kicks in. The procedure ofr AC21 is simple- you are expected to inform BCIS but not required to. Different people do different things it all works out. In your case since it is sortof the same employer- you can indicate some Merger etc documentation to BCIS at RFE/adjucation time. Overall you should not have a problem- just wait till you get RFE. You might get approved without an RFE, so best of luck.
HTH

Originally posted by sb_tiger
If the paycheck is different- it is different employer. So AC21 kicks in. The procedure ofr AC21 is simple- you are expected to inform BCIS but not required to. Different people do different things it all works out. In your case since it is sortof the same employer- you can indicate some Merger etc documentation to BCIS at RFE/adjucation time. Overall you should not have a problem- just wait till you get RFE. You might get approved without an RFE, so best of luck.
HTH

thank you so much for your reply ...i might not receive an rfe ..since most likely i will have the interview ...it is in fact the same employer ..for some legal reason he has different names for both companies, they are both small businesses...i am not really too worried , i just want to be prepared ..i might just ask him for some kind of proof to take with me to the interview, that shows that he owns both company .On the other hand, was it ok for me to transfer in the first place(from a bcis perspective)?? i hope i won't have a hard time