Job title on Labor/i140 & H1 extension

bkir

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have applied for i140 on substitution labor(job title of the approved labor: programmer analyst).

My H1 was approved for System Analyst. I have completed 3 years on H1 and on EAD now. I got RFE on my i140.

Now, I would like to apply for H1(i94 expired) as a contingency plan. Which title should I use for the H1?? Should it match my original H1/appointment letter(System Analyst) or the title on the substituted labor(programmer analyst)??

Your comments are greatly appreciated...

I have one more concern:
My job title was Senior Systems Analyst for the first three years of H1. As it is expired now(I am on EAD), I want to apply for H1 as a back up ( if i140 gets denied..). The job title on the substituted labor is programmer analyst. My lawyer is suggesting to apply for the new H1 with title Senior Programmer Analyst. Any suggestions?????

bkir said:
I have one more concern:
My job title was Senior Systems Analyst for the first three years of H1. As it is expired now(I am on EAD), I want to apply for H1 as a back up ( if i140 gets denied..). The job title on the substituted labor is programmer analyst. My lawyer is suggesting to apply for the new H1 with title Senior Programmer Analyst. Any suggestions?????

Can you apply for New H1?, I thought once you use EAD, your H1B status is gone. Can you clarify that please?

Thanks...CA98

This is not an extension. But a new H1 from the same company. Lawyer suggested this. He told me that as I didn't utilize full six years, it is not bounded by the cap...Not sure...Suggestions???

well ur laywer is right since u were counted towards cap in last 6 yrs you will not be counted again. H1 is a new one so the new title wont matter.