Job title issue

sai_srinivas

Registered Users (C)
I switched the employer after 180 days of 485 pending in Nebraska. My previous job title is 'Programmer/Analyst'. The current title is 'Systems Analyst'. Roles and responsibilties are same. Will it cause any issues when i send a letter to BCIS?

title does not matter

The title does not matter, see my query below and the responses. Make sure in the EVL from your company, this is CLEARLY stated

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=166049

sai_srinivas said:
I switched the employer after 180 days of 485 pending in Nebraska. My previous job title is 'Programmer/Analyst'. The current title is 'Systems Analyst'. Roles and responsibilties are same. Will it cause any issues when i send a letter to BCIS?

(1) Can anyone tell what does the acronym "EVL" means ?

(2) If the new employer is willing to provide an exact replica of the job description & title as in labor certification, will it raise any eyebrows ? Dont you guys think this is what the "same" part means in "Same or Similar description" ?

(3) Does USCIS care who provides the employment reference letter ? In other words, is there a difference if a technical lead/manager provides the letter with the description or does it need to be some one in the HR ?

(4) Is there a legal basis on why company HR might fear providing a description that is not in their exisitng realm of job descriptions. What i am saying is since we do so many different interleaving of titles & jobs ( a software engineer might also administrate a solaris server), is it apt to ask my manager to recommend to the HR to provide me the same title/description atleast for USCIS reference purposes ?

Thanks a lot !

I_want_gc_too said:
(1) Can anyone tell what does the acronym "EVL" means ?
-- Employment Verification Letter

(2) If the new employer is willing to provide an exact replica of the job description & title as in labor certification, will it raise any eyebrows ? Dont you guys think this is what the "same" part means in "Same or Similar description" ?
---- Change it a little bit, move sentences around, keep the essence the same

(3) Does USCIS care who provides the employment reference letter ? In other words, is there a difference if a technical lead/manager provides the letter with the description or does it need to be some one in the HR ?
--- I believe it would be better to get it from the HR.

(4) Is there a legal basis on why company HR might fear providing a description that is not in their exisitng realm of job descriptions. What i am saying is since we do so many different interleaving of titles & jobs ( a software engineer might also administrate a solaris server), is it apt to ask my manager to recommend to the HR to provide me the same title/description atleast for USCIS reference purposes ?

--- They shouldnt have a prob unless they are stuck up, I joined a huge company today and they are cool
Thanks a lot !