Job offer in Canada - work permit question.


Registered Users (C)
status: US Citizen


I'm a visual effects artist and have been offered a position (Vancouver) till 2013 to work on a film till completion.

Company has offered to "pay" for the work permit and assist in financial relocation.

0. how do I go about getting the work permit?
1. do I need a cdn immigrant visa?
2. do I need a social insurace number?
3. what else am i missing?

any advice is appreciated