Job Market.

Here are my observations about software job market :
1) If you want to use EAD and ready to join any company and if your skillset is not outdated, then you will get job very quickly.
2) Getting a client interview is very easy, but getting selected is tough. The reason you get client interviews easily, is that now a days, the clients do not look at your resume before the interview. If their vendor submits your resume, you will get interview call. Then comes the funny part. The only thing the client will do in the interview is to see if your experience completely fits his requirement. That's not easy because they do not mention their actual requirements in the job posting. What they ask you in the interview might very well be different from what the requirement is about.

PS: I am not planning to change my employer right now and my skill set is not a hot one (it's not bad though). That's why i am still on bench (for 5 weeks).

Past 2 weeks I am trying to find Permanent job in Connecticut. What I am getting is 3 - 4 months consulting jobs

manumahi,

I heard the same from most of my friends who are searching for permanent Jobs.

Most of the available positions are for 3 month contract.

Originally posted by manumahi
Past 2 weeks I am trying to find Permanent job in Connecticut. What I am getting is 3 - 4 months consulting jobs

Most of the companies offer consulting jobs now a days to escape from providing the insurance, benefits and top of all giving the job to an unknown person. Once the consultant starts proving the credentials, the companies are willing to offer the permenant jobs to them. Ofcourse very few are ready to do H1B. Also the company that placed the consultant should let him/her go without any bickering.

guys any idea how the peoplesoft market and prospects are ?

I am planning to get into peoplesoft from ORacle Data warehousing

thanks

Rxs0005

I agree with dsatish, I am currently looking for a job and my experience is that, if you are ready to work on EAD and re-locate then getting a job is not that difficult.

Good idea. But do not loose your Oracle ties as Oracle might just buy peoplesoft. The deal is still on!!
Originally posted by rxs0005
guys any idea how the peoplesoft market and prospects are ?

I am planning to get into peoplesoft from ORacle Data warehousing

thanks

Rxs0005

Peoplesoft CRM

Guys,

Speaking of Peoplesoft we need Peoplesoft CRM developers. Down south, perm positions. We work with this client on their offshore projects and they asked about CRM developers. Please let me know if you know anyone. Payscale is good i.e. 80-115K.