Job location change after I485 filing

MA001

Registered Users (C)
My I140 is approved and 485 is filed about three months ago. My company wants me to relocate to another State. How long do I need to stay at my current location without affecting the process.

MA001

Job location change will not affect your GC process. Remember GC is for a future job. FYI, AC21 allows you to work for any employer/any location in US after six months of your I-485 filing, so long as the new job is "same or similar".

Thanks a lot for the reply.
Here is what I understood: Even though I move to another State, but remain with the same employer, it is ok to not wait for 180 days in current location and move right away. correct?

However if I take a job with another employer only then I need to stay at my current location for 180 days (AC21).

I appreciate your help.

Job location change will not affect your GC process. Remember GC is for a future job. FYI, AC21 allows you to work for any employer/any location in US after six months of your I-485 filing, so long as the new job is "same or similar".

Here is what I understood: Even though I move to another State, but remain with the same employer, it is ok to not wait for 180 days in current location and move right away. correct?

However if I take a job with another employer only then I need to stay at my current location for 180 days (AC21).

I appreciate your help.

changing location stipulated as new job even with the same employer. I would recomend move to new location after 180 days of pending, then invoke AC21. Then you are good to go.

I appreciate your help.

In my opinion, you can move to any state/anytime as long as you remain with the same employer. Its quite common for companies to have multiple branches throughout US and some of the companies process payroll from one single branch. These are all quite common business practices and I would suggest not to waste your time hyperventilating whether to move or not.

Just relax and chill out!

Correct. If the move is within the commutable distance then it is under the same LCA jusrisdiction (irrespective of crossing a state border).